Headphones between 100 to 250 GBP
Jun 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bred

New Head-Fier
Hi there, im looking for some around the ear headphones for around the budget stated in the title. Il be using these for music listening and also gaming ( im more bothered about my music listening as even sub par headphones satisfy my gaming sound)

I listen to mainly rock, however i do listen to a lot of electronic music also.
Some example artists i listen to :
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Prodigy
Pendulum
Linkin Park

Im not a massive bass head, although i do want a fair amount of it in there, the past few so headphones iv owned have lacked it and i do notice the difference in the music.

Heres some of the headphones iv been researching already, so if you want to tell me more about one of them go ahead.

V -moda crossfade m100
Sennheiser HD8 DJ
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 7
Im not a massive bass head, although i do want a fair amount of it in there, the past few so headphones iv owned have lacked it and i do notice the difference in the music.

Can you tell us which headphones have "lacked" bass for you? Everyone's idea of what "a fair amount of" bass is can be different. :)

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Are you searching for home use headphones or for portable use?

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 7
These headphones are for home use on my desktop.

And i have owned sennheiser HD558 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and although they where great for rock music, they didn't really satisfy my electronic music listening. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 7
And i have owned sennheiser HD558 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and although they where great for rock music, they didn't really satisfy my electronic music listening

In what way? Are you looking for more bass? More treble? If you can describe what you like/don't like about each of those two headphones and what you want to improve, people can help you as those two headphones you have owned are very popular here. Gives people a frame of reference to understand your preferences :)

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 7
The audio technicas where the better of the 2 when it came to electronic. They definitely had more bass, it just seemed when the bass was there, everything else was flat. It just wasn't giving the music a lively feel to it. 
The sennheisers where a much better headphone all round but the bass just wasnt there. It probably had something to do with it being a open headphone.
Im using a Asus Xonar card to power the headphones 

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 7
The audio technicas where the better of the 2 when it came to electronic. They definitely had more bass, it just seemed when the bass was there, everything else was flat. It just wasn't giving the music a lively feel to it. 
The sennheisers where a much better headphone all round but the bass just wasnt there. It probably had something to do with it being a open headphone.
Im using a Asus Xonar card to power the headphones 

Well, when you have more bass emphasis, that tends to come at the expense of something else. The M50X are a bit tilted toward bass emphasis. So to find something more "lively" with that bass presence, you'll likely have to listen to headphones to find one that suits you, unless you know what was not "lively" enough: not enough mids or not enough treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back