Headphones at 100$
Oct 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

z999

New Head-Fier
hi,
I need a new pair of headphones (last one fell and broke), till now I've used all kinds of full size generic headphones but now I want something a little better (that won't break after 2 months).
I've looked around and seen a couple of options: sennheiser HD280 (which after reading here is no longer considered), HD555 and grado sr80 although I'm open to suggetions.
The headphones will be used for music, games and movies, I listen to all range of music - metal, classical rock and classic music.
thx,
Ziv
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 4
music: take the grado...
but seeing you need it for games/movies, I'd take the Hd555 as it will give you a better soundstage, and is more comfortable for long time listening, and sounds pretty good too.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 4
my main concern is music (although games and moivies take a considerable part) and long listening time - long listening means the HD555 but how does it perform in music (especially rock and classic)? people write that being long w/ the grado is tiring and it kind of rules that out (when I listen I listen for long times). Aren't there any options which cobmbine long listening w/ good music at this price point?

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 4
HD555 is a very fine headphone at this pricepoint, it's just not as exciting as the grado, but a big step up from anything 'generic' and it introduced me to the possibility of better sound.
It'll do great untill you hear the better stuff, but isn't that always?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back