Headphones around $150 for long hours of wear
May 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ZeroGravity

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I own SR80i and they are getting quite uncomfortable to wear for over 2 to 3 hours. I found that my ears aren't quite liking the open sounding phones since they are clamping on so I wanted to ask about some cans that go around the ear, possibly isolating ones. I'm looking for comfort along with NOT needing an amp for quality--I'll be using this at work.

I listen to a large variety so any diverse cans would be good. Music choices go from house music with good amount of bass to pop or acoustic/alternative. I'm looking to spend under $200, but ideally around $120-$150.

Thanks!

May 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

May 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 7
If you don't mind going used, the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's are very comfortable. New they are like $200, but if you buy used you should be able to get them within your ideal budget.

May 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 7
Imo open circumaural(around the ears) headphones are the most comfortable for extended use. Closed headphones tend to make ears overheat with extended use. Changing the earpads to velour ones will help decrease this. You might want to look at some of the 80 ohm  Beyerdynamic headphones that come with velour earpads.

May 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 7
ATH-AD700 is probably the most comfortable headphone I've ever experienced. Though, they're not a good all-in-one headphone due to their anemic bass, but great for rock, classical, and some jazz.

Anything with velour pads would be the best for comfort. So, the DT770/880/990 most Sennheisers, SRH-840 for which you can buy some 940 velour pads, K701, just to name a few. Sony XB series are very comfortable too, but they are warm, which doesn't bother me because I don't notice until I take them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back