Headphones:Are you a detail freak????
Jun 13, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #31 of 40
I dont like detail that much, well when I say that I probably voted for the wrong thing, because detail is important everything can't be all mixed together, but for me the overall sounds is the most important thing.

Jun 13, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #32 of 40
Of course I love detail, that's why I love my SA5K's.
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
JJcha>I'll bet the vtg's are sweet. When I asked about sending you the w2002's you said no. Do you still want me to send them?

Hehe, nope, I think I'm good...
3000smile.gif

Best,

-Jason

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Beetch, I know what you are up to...

Hehe... sooo, should I include a Qualia 010 measuring device in with the package? Or do the ones you have right now fit perfectly?

Quote:

But then again I can't listen to the Qualia if I have heard them after another headphone. It takes me a while to re-adjust.

The readjusting's (both ways) a bear, isn't it?

Best,

-Jason

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by xelloss12
Of course I love detail, that's why I love my SA5K's.
icon10.gif

Dittoted.

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
The Omega 2s can't hold a candle to the HE90s' detail
biggrin.gif

While this statement may be true. It's not about which headphone is better than another.

It's more to do with headfiers taste in detail. Personally headphones which have the detail level of the PS-1's are enough for me.

And to answer your question. I have the he60's. While they are not nowhere as good as your he90's, the Qualia's beat them in detail and resolution alone. How the Qualia's would fare against the he90 I would have no idea. Maybe NeilPeart could comment on this as he has spent time comparing the two and he is objective in this respect as he doesn't owe either phone.

JJcha>I admit the Qualia's are a tempting but I have already spent too much on headphones this month already. If you decide to sell then we'll talk...

So did you take a listen to the phones? I hear their attack rate is better than the normal AT-woodies.

The attack rate thing is what makes it difficult for me to re-adjust most of all to my usual phones. Only the he60 and R-10's doesn't bother me as it's fast anyway already.

So what headphone do you want me to send to you?

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #40 of 40
Yes, I know, I know. But I have both the Omega2 and HE90, so I'm pretty qualified there.

I would really love to hear the Qualias though -- especially on the LaRocco Headcode. Any dynamic headphone that you say can beat an electrostat (and the HE60 aren't that far off the HE90s -- I have a pair of HE60s in my rig at the moment) should sound absolutely amazing on that amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back