Headphones aprox £160
Sep 12, 2008 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kipman725

500+ Head-Fier
Hello I have a freind who has recently become interested in headphones and we are building a pretty high end tube amp together. I have HD650's and he is a big fan of the sound and can get a pair for £160 new. However It would be kind of boring not to use this as an opertunity to try some headphones out and see if he likes anything different (as he basicly has only listened to the 650's and some low end grados). I'm looking for comfortable headphones with the same fit as the HD-650's (enclosing the ears) in the same price range and of comparable quality; any suggestions?*

*the headphones should have >200ohm impedance as the amp has a relativly high output impedance due to lack of output transformer.

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 2
High impedance? Beyer 600Ohm might be worth looking at, but i don't think that you will be able to get them for 160 pounds, especially after the currency drop. Apart from that, nothing comes into my head immediately. grado, akg, ath, ultrasone, denon are all low impedance, as far as i can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back