Headphones and Speakers at once
Sep 29, 2004 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

proneax

New Head-Fier
This has been asked and partially answered in slightly different froms but I haven't gotten a concrete answer on it.

I'm considering the following soundcards:
Revo 7.1
Revo 5.1
Chaintech
EMU 0404

I have a set of klipsch 2.1 and a pair of 7506's so decent output, not amazing.

What I want to do is have both plugged in at the same time. Which card is this possible with (keeping the highest quality)

I gather that I cannot do this on the chaintech 710 as it only has one output from the wolfson. I know I can use an adapter on the 0404 but how well do you think it will drive these cans?

Other option is to use the headphone output on the klipschs but I'm not sure if/how much that would degrate the quality with the speaker's cable/ preamp involved.

/edit Oh also is it true that the revo 5.1 is better sounding than the 7.1?

Thanks

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by proneax
No One?
I mean I could just use 2 soundcards the 710 is only 25 bucks. But I don't like the hassle of switching, or can you use both at once?.

Loop one to the other and they'll both play from the same media player. Since you dont have good speakers, you dont need an outstanding soundcard, so if you already have, say, an Audigy for games, use it

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 11
Speakers and Headphones?

I use a sub with my K1000's.
k1000smile.gif

-Ed

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 11
With my 1212M I have the digital out sent (via a toslink cable) to my Benchmark DAC1 (which then goes to an MPX3) for my headphones, and use the analog out for my speakers. The DAC1 also has two headphone outs and an XLR (balanced) output.

If you don't want a DAC, you could use an 1820M, which has a seperate (out of computer) box with various outputs, including an amplified headphone output.

Or you could use a splitter from the output of any sound card, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith
With my 1212M I have the digital out sent (via a toslink cable) to my Benchmark DAC1 (which then goes to an MPX3) for my headphones, and use the analog out for my speakers. The DAC1 also has two headphone outs and an XLR (balanced) output.

If you don't want a DAC, you could use an 1820M, which has a seperate (out of computer) box with various outputs, including an amplified headphone output.

Or you could use a splitter from the output of any sound card, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh man, you have a 1212m -> DAC1 -> Singlepower???? I'm really thinking about a DAC1 to go with my 1212m and PPX3, I would love to hear what you think about your current setup.. possibly in a new thread or via PM... PLEASE
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back