Sep 10, 2001 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Redwoood

500+ Head-Fier
Do you know this?
There are some songs that some of your headphones
just don't seem to like.

I just experienced this with Blur's Song 2 played through my
KSC-50 - horrible!!

All my other phones have no problems whatsoever, but the Koss... I guess it's the emphasis on the lower midrange/higher bass in this song that kills them...

just wanted to share this with you
smily_headphones1.gif

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 10, 2001 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 12
Redwood
Have you tried the sound on Blur or anything with foam pads removed? I was initially disappointed with sound of KSC 50, especially treble response until I removed pads, now I think they give any cans under $100 a run for their money, big improvement!

How is Blur's greatest hits album just released?

Sep 10, 2001 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 12
Well, I was listening without the pads actually...
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe I should try to put them on again?

I think the Koss have a serious problem with the lower midrange/ upper bass. They sound very harsh and a song with deep and highly distorted guitar emphasizes this harshness.

This is not much of a problem since I don't *have* to listen to this through the Koss, I was just surprised how bad they made it sound.

Don't know about the Greatest Hits album (it's not so new BTW).
I guess it's pretty good. Has all the usual suspects like Tender, Coffee&TV, She's so high, etc. (and Song 2 of course).

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 10, 2001 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 12
best of is from 2000 I think. Have it actually =). I got a version with a second disk of some live songs. Pretty good selection of songs, quality is pretty good, but I've only been listening to it from a portable to SR-80. The live disk is mediocre, but with some good songs.

Sep 10, 2001 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 12
My ********* Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP CD sounds good only on my Sony MDR-V6's, but mediocre on all of my other headphones!
evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif

Sep 12, 2001 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

I don't know about you but Brittney Spears sounds pretty bad... on all of my headphones in fact

No offense to BS fans, but is her voice "synthesized" on her recordings?

By synthesized -- I more or less mean "computerized brush-up"

Sep 12, 2001 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 12
kerykeion: lol, BS fans.....that's really funny.....

Sep 12, 2001 at 7:27 PM Post #10 of 12
Hey, there's nothing wrong w/ Bruce Springsteen!
mad.gif

wink.gif

Sep 15, 2001 at 5:40 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Sirwar
your right eagle driver, sure that CD sounds really clear and precise on my 325s, but it just doesn't sound 'right'.

And that CD (obviously) had been mixed and/or mastered using boomy-sounding headphones. No wonder why the bass is distorted and lifeless, with little punch whatsoever!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back