Headphones and DAC for CS:GO, what do you think
Jul 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alex8337

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

So I'm planning on sinking some money to improve my competitive gaming experience, a combo that'll give me an edge in CS:GO.
Hardware/software that'll give me 3D positioning so I can pre aim and wall if a player isn't walking.

So far I've been looking at these.
AKG-K701 (more expensive) or Audio Technica AD700 (cheaper)
and an external sound card (not enough room inside my tower) that supports either CMSS-3D or Dolby Headphones,
possibly the Sound Blaster X-Fi (USB) Surround 5.1 Pro.

What are your thoughts, opinions and input on the subject of hardware choice, software and CS:GO audio?

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 6
The AD700s are a good choice but I personally prefer the sennheiser HD598s as I find them more comfortable. You really don't need CMSS for gaming. Dolby headphone is more beneficial for movies. I never used CMSS with CS, not even when I was playing at a high level.

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Anyone? I've bought a set of AKG K702's. Just sitting on the fence as to which external sound card to get.

Oops sorry I missed your post about k702s. Those will work fine too. That sound card is fine.

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 6
  Hi everyone,

So I'm planning on sinking some money to improve my competitive gaming experience, a combo that'll give me an edge in CS:GO.
Hardware/software that'll give me 3D positioning so I can pre aim and wall if a player isn't walking.

So far I've been looking at these.
AKG-K701 (more expensive) or Audio Technica AD700 (cheaper)
and an external sound card (not enough room inside my tower) that supports either CMSS-3D or Dolby Headphones,
possibly the Sound Blaster X-Fi (USB) Surround 5.1 Pro.

What are your thoughts, opinions and input on the subject of hardware choice, software and CS:GO audio?

I personally prefer the AD700x's (Mind the X)for CS:GO they are just bloody good at the positional audio but they aren't really all that great for real music listening, the low end is just too lacking. As for the  HD598s they are also really good just not as good as the AD700x's in positional audio. They have more bass but TBH bass isn't necessary for CS:GO. I'm actually looking for a external soundcard as well.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #6 of 6

I personally prefer the AD700x's (Mind the X)for CS:GO they are just bloody good at the positional audio but they aren't really all that great for real music listening, the low end is just too lacking. As for the  HD598s they are also really good just not as good as the AD700x's in positional audio. They have more bass but TBH bass isn't necessary for CS:GO. I'm actually looking for a external soundcard as well.

The AD700s are very popular amongst CS players.  They are great headphones too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back