Headphones + AMP/DAC for under 800€
Oct 1, 2016 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Shilelis

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own Fischer Audio FA-003 and Mystify combo. I read a lot about this combo before buying on Head-Fi forums before buying - and I'm happy about my decision to buy this combo. Seven years have passed now with this combo and I somehow managed to wore the headband completely - I have broken it.. I have loved everything about these headphones, but I thought that it's a good time for an upgrade.

Last week I had a chance to try Ultrasone PRO 2900 and at first it didn't sound right, like it wouldn't have enough punch.. Later, the amp was changed (I don't remember the brand/model, but it's meant to use for speakers) and it become alive - it was nice sounding headphones. Then I went to some other shop to tryd FiiO F7+K5 combo with Sennheiser HD600, Beyerdynamic T 90 and Oppo PM-3. Maybe it was the setup, but Beyerdynamic T 90 sounded a bit cold and too sharp to me also it was a bit annoying at highs, I just couldn't listen to them. Although I believe, Sennheiser 600 should be used with a tube amp, but with this setup it was already the most warmest from all headphones I had a chance to try and it was a bit boring but pleasent to me. While Oppo PM-3 left me the biggest impression from all four headphones I have tried, I don't know, maybe it's Orthodynamic technology, but it sounded the most natural for me. Comparing to the FA-003 I would only consider changing them to Sennheiser HD600 or Oppo PM-3.

Sadly, I didn't have a chance to try HD650 and Hifiman HE-400i (actually no one imports these to my country, thus probably I won't be able to listen to these at all) since I read many good reviews on these cans. I also consider buying Fischer Audio FA-003 Ti with a better AMP/DAC combo, since FA-003 really sounded good for me. What do you think and what would you suggest? I listen mostly to music like Cinematic Orchestra: The Crimson Wing, Benjamin Clementine, U2, and so on and I'm not really into classical/jazz music.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back