Headphone Warranties (AKG k 81 dj)
Dec 15, 2007 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

r0teiro

New Head-Fier
How have warranty experiences with headphone companies been with people? Or headphones in general, are headphones warranty-able?

More specifically, AKG? I sent an email this past week or last week to ask them out their warrantying process but didn't get a response.

I have AKG k 81 dj's that have don't play music in the right ear cup anymore. I don't know what happened, but most of the time no sound comes out and I would have to lightly place my fingers at the jack for a bit of pressure to get it to play, and even then, it would sometimes just not work. How should I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 7
its 2 years warranty for my k518dj if i remember correctly, its written by the side of the box btw, anyway AKG is very very slow in responding to their emails, they took bout a week-plus to answer my email to them few months back, and they still DID NOT even answer my questions CORRECTLY....nuff said

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 7
It's a year, and they don't fix them, they toss them and give you a new pair. If my plug ever goes out, I'll just chop about four feet off that overly long cable and solder up a new plug.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by r0teiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it says two years on the box. I just got to get ahold of them.

yup, they are 2 yrs warranty, just like senns are too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back