Headphone Test Tracks
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Aradea

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.. I am new to head-fi although not so new to the audio circle. In the past I used to do moderate-to-high end car audio and some basic home audio.

I just got a Senn HD600 and I would like to test it using recommended tracks that you guys used to listen to. Its not genre limited so any will do (pop, classic, jazz, rock, etc.).

What I would like to find out is how good is the vocals, staging, separation, tonal accuracy, etc.

Appreciate your suggestion

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi Raghav,

Yes I see your point. I just would like to know what songs that you guys here used to hear to test the capabilities of your gear.. Just wondering.. Thats all

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 10
Hotel California (Eagles), i (and my friends) usually use it to test my new headphone (treb, bass, mid, imaging, soundstage ...).
Or if you want to test bass speed or control, you can use some rock tracks.
Besides, I also used two other albums to test .Those are  Head-Fi And HDtracks - 2010 - Open Your Ears [FLAC] and Ottmar Liebert - Up Close [FLAC24-96khz]. Hope it will help you ^^

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 10
Hi guys.. I am new to head-fi although not so new to the audio circle. In the past I used to do moderate-to-high end car audio and some basic home audio.

I just got a Senn HD600 and I would like to test it using recommended tracks that you guys used to listen to. Its not genre limited so any will do (pop, classic, jazz, rock, etc.).

What I would like to find out is how good is the vocals, staging, separation, tonal accuracy, etc.

Appreciate your suggestion

I still use the Focal CDs, especially the test disc for imaging (Disc 2 I think) and also Disc 6 (tracks by Feist and Mighty Mo Rogers). For headphones specifically there's a Chesky Headphone Demo disc done in binaural which integrates into hte recording the simulation of both ears hearing both speakers (but differently), however since this isn't representative of how most albums are recorded. It does however let you know if the problem might be more of the innate quality of headphones vs recordings meant for speakers, or if it could be your headphones.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 10
I  like to meld the music I love that comes in the form of excellent recordings with sonic variety.  For me that translates into a list that includes within it the following:

CD--Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" 2 CD version

CD--George Faber "Blues"

CD set--Van Morrison "Still on Top" & especially "St. Dominic's Preview"

SACD--Most anything from Dire Straits and Steely Dan

SACD--the first 4 Blood Sweat and Tears albums

SACD--Elton John "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

Blu-Ray Audio: Neil Young's "Archives Vol 1"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back