Headphone test - is it accurate?
Feb 25, 2016 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kdraper

Head-Fier
I've recently been testing some of my headphones with the "Quality/Bass Shaker" test at http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
It seems most headphones aren't very well constructed.  I've tested the following heaphones:
HD 800
HD 700
HE-560
HE-400I
HE-400S
X2
TH-600
TH-X00
MDR-1A

The HD 800 and the Sony MDR-1A are the only heaphones I've tested that didn't rattle/buzz at the lowest frequencies. 

Are the individual heaphones I have defective/of poor quality or is only the HD800 and Sony built well enough to handle the test at loud volumes?

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Many headphones have a fairly high distortion level at the lowest bass frequencies, sometimes nearing 10% or more.  I wouldn't repeat this test very often (actually I wouldn't do it at all), as I doubt its good for the drivers.

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 3
I tried the test as well multiple times with my HD600 and heart odd rattling on different frequencies (left driver on something like 150hz while the right one at about 100hz). Got really freaked out by the drivers being broken. Glad to know that it is a common thing and that I shouldn't attempt this "test" anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back