Headphone suggestions for working out (Full Size)
Feb 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

theMixFeed

New Head-Fier
Before I start, I realize that most people use IEM for working out. I've been down this path (tried everything from Sony, Vmoda, Shure, UE and so on). While it's definitely more 'convenient' I had an accident one day while doing free weight shoulder press where the weights slammed against the IEM and pushed them into my ears and caused a little bleeding. Since then I figure it may LOOK a little weird in the gym, but for safety I'd rather go full size.

Now, with that said. I've tried a paid of BOSE OE and while they work well, I find myself unsatisfied with the sound.. maybe it's the bass (yeah I'm a bass head) that just doesn't kick as hard, but something about them just leaves me wanting more. So any suggestions on headphones I could try out (within the 200 or so price range) that migth satisfy the following (these aren't MANDATORY, but nice to have)

1. Detachable/replaceable cord (I've found this is usually the part that goes bad when using headphones daily during activity, so being able to replace it is nice)

2. replaceable ear muffs (again this is a NICE to to have because I've found that sweat tends to leave the ear muffs a little "dingy". Not absolutely necesary but a nice to have)

3. Not TOO bulky / heavy

4. Good bass without sounding  too muddy. Yes I'm a bass head but I still have an appreciation of music :) 

5. A company that stands behind their product. (While i don't WANT to ever have to make a warranty claim, it's nice to know that if I DID, that the company wouldn't give me a hard time about it)

Any help is appreciate! Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back