Headphone suggestions for my office.
Dec 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LeeXiuLong

New Head-Fier
Budget : I would like to spend no more than 200 Dollars Source: I will be plugging into either one of 2 things my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) or my Work Macbook Pro

Isolation: This is the most important requirement for my headphones and it is the main reason I am here. I need headphones that do not have ANY sound leakage. I tend to listen to my music pretty freaking loud and all of my coworkers have been complaining about how loud I listen to music.

Will you be Using these Headphones in Public? Yes

Preferred Type of Headphone: I would like some over ear full sized headphones however I would not say no to some On-ears. I would really not prefer to get earbuds/IEMs

Tonal Balance: Sorry if my terminology is not good with this one. I enjoy good loud bass however the sound should be clean! I really dislike a muddy bass sound. I like clear midrange however, the treble can suffer a little. Although I would prefer a well balanced sound leaning towards bass.

Past Headphones: My favorite headphones of all time have been the Monster Ncredible Npulse headphones as far as sound quality. I'm not very knowledgeable but they are what I have found I enjoy. However, the headband on them tends to snap (I've bought 3 pairs in the past). I also recently bought myself some Sennheiser HD598's SE Closed with the impression that because they were closed they were going to have no sound leakage. However, everyone at my company has still been complaining.I will be returning them soon as the point of buying them was to find a pair without any sound leakage. I did enjoy the sound quality on them however.

Preferred Music: Although I listen to a plethora of genres my main genres are Hip-Hop/Rap and EDM. Secondary would be Pop and Acoustic.

What would you like to improve on from your set-up?: I am merely looking for headphones with good or great clean bass and mid range with the most minimal sound leakage. Thank you so much for reading. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Sennheiser HD598 SE (Special Edition) are open headphones
The HD598CS are the newer closed version.
Could you have bought the wrong Sennheiser headphones?

Soundmagic HP150 closed headphones, $130

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm using the Meze 99 Classics at the office and for traveling and trust me they are one of the best closed headphones on the market under $400.  

You're lucky because they are still on sale for $232.  (Normally they are $309)

https://mezeheadphones.com/pages/black-friday-2016

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Ah wow you are correct, 

I am so dumb I bought the SE version but it was still open. For some reason I really believed I had bought the closed back version. Do you believe that I should go ahead and try out the closed back version or buy the headphones that you suggested above? (Soundmagic HP150 closed headphones)

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 6
  Ah wow you are correct, 

I am so dumb I bought the SE version but it was still open. For some reason I really believed I had bought the closed back version. Do you believe that I should go ahead and try out the closed back version or buy the headphones that you suggested above? (Soundmagic HP150 closed headphones)

The Soundmagic's might be a little power demanding for a smart phone.
So I say to try the HD598CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back