Headphone suggestions for mixing-critical listening etc..
Jan 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by VasK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to all for the suggestions!

After a bit more research, I went with the M50's.
smily_headphones1.gif

One last question though,
do you think that I would need some sort of extra amplification with these? I will be hooking them up to my Terratec Producer FW24 Interface's headphone out which can double as a line level stereo out as well. Will that be enough for the M50's?

...anyone?

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do know from reading my sig that I have at least tried these ones, and moved up? Offcourse tastes are different, but to me the HD600 and 701 are no match anymore for whats higher up there
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed, but you asked for headphones for mixing rather than listening for pleasure and the three I listed are the ones used the most for this purpose.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ones that get recommended regularly on the "Sound On Sound" forum are the Sennheiser HD 600 & HD 650 and AKG K701.

They are all a little different and seem to all come out about equal in the number of recommendations.

So, listen and see what suits you.

I presume you *did* read my link above, in my earlier post, to the magazine article about mixing on headphones?

But I'm still getting the HD 800 for this purpose as soon as I can lay my hands on a pair.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

through research and discussing it with my peers that is what I came up with too. I was leaning towards the HD600's but was worried they wouldn't do me any good with an amp so I went with K702. I also got a few recommendations for the Ultrasone's and Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back