Headphone suggestions, Budget. Big head.
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pockymonster

New Head-Fier
First of all let me say, I know a lot of you are very enthusiastic about stellar equipment but my budget is $100. I really would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't recommend something more expensive. I notice a trend in here "If you spend $X more you can get the Y instead" So please recommend me something within my financial means. Thanks.

Requirements
-Equal to or less than $100 with 10% variance
-I'm not using an AMP
-Using it on the PC
-Must be big, I have a BIG head
-General purpose listening, all types of music
-Big ear pads (big head)
-Closed type (need sound isolation)

Right now I have a pair of HD201's and they're very comfortable but I think I've even stretched them a bit. What I'm looking for has to have big ear pieces that go over the ears completely. I don't like the ones that go ontop of the ears because they feel uncomfterble after a few hours.

The bass is a little weak on the HD201's, ideally I want something that sounds like them but with a bit more oomf in the bass department. EH 150's are a no go, my brother has them and they're too small for my huge head.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 9

kevg73

100+ Head-Fier
HD280 is one option. audiocubes has a great deal on some ath-a500's they are great closed cans and normally sell for more than 100.... audiocubes has them for 90

link

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 9

ericj

Headphoneus Supremus
equation rp-21.

By the way, some people have come by and said they have a big head, only to reveal that their head isn't all that big - above average, perhaps.

I wear a size 8 hat. How about yourself?

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 9

Pockymonster

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure, i'd tell you if i could find my hat lol.

I was looking at the ATH-A500's. How do they sound? Also are the ear pieces big, like big enough that they fit totally around the ears and not ontop of them?

Thanks.

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 9

tjohnusa

Headphoneus Supremus
Your hat is under that stack of pizza boxes and Playboys in the corner....lol

Users who are viewing this thread