headphone suggestion
Dec 11, 2003 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

justi

Head-Fier
I am in the market for some new headphones and I wanted to know what would be the best for me. I will be using them for computer gaming and listening to my iPod. I head alot of you suggest the v-6's (what are these?) and the HD280's (sennheiser). I have about 50-80 to spend give or take a little. Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 18
I listen to all variaties (mostly metalcore(harder rock) and ska etc.) The games I play are : all Half-Life mods, unreal tournament, etc. And it really wouldn't matter if they did or not. Actually ones that would and wouldn't isolate would be great to know.

Dec 13, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
Can anyone say Grado SR-60?

...or the SR-40 if you can still find a pair.

Try Headroom.

Dec 13, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 18
I hear about these grado's all the time it seems on these forums. But since I play LAN I really need some headphones that actually wouldn't isolate me from the world. So please suggest some that will still let me hear at the same time. thanks!

Dec 13, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 18
so you think the sr-60 or 40's would be the best (in my price range) for LAN gaming (counter-strike, etc.). And also, they won't sound bad for music will they?

Dec 13, 2003 at 1:32 PM Post #12 of 18
Its been awhile since I've read any reviews but the SR-60s are tough to beat for the money. I have the 80's and I was amazed how easy they are to drive. If you haven't experienced any "good" phones yet, you won't be disappointed with any of the grado's,and for the money,you can't -- I repeat
smily_headphones1.gif
- can't
smily_headphones1.gif
go wrong
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't believe I have ever read any negative feedback in this forum on them............. Happy Holidays.................

PS- IMO,Music is what its all about-

Dec 13, 2003 at 2:05 PM Post #14 of 18
oh and another thing (since it looks like I'll be getting the grado's).. do they encase your ear? this is a very important thing to me
confused.gif

I really only want heady's that will encase my ears.

Dec 13, 2003 at 5:33 PM Post #15 of 18
No, grados do not enclose your ears. The HD580/590/600 does. A few other do too, but they are out of your price range. The best ones for your may be Philips HP890, they "enclose" your ears. HD570 from sennheiser may be a very good bet, precise sound, good quality, OK price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back