HEADPHONE SUGGESTION NEEDED!!
Aug 1, 2008 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

xCross

New Head-Fier
I need some suggestion of headphone.. Need to buy one for my Cowon D2.. Which one should I buy??

My Budget is ~$45..
I need a headphone which lasts long..
Good bass should be better..

I have selected these headphones: vModa Bass Freq. Headphones, Sennheiser CX300, Creative EP630 and Sony Fontopia EX71.. among them i have heard vModa BF Headphone doesn't last long.. liking the Sennheiser CX300 most.. suggest me if there is any other good headphone for me.. I really need to buy one..

Thanks in advance!!

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 16
Hi, I have tried two of those phones with the D2 - the Sony EX71 and the CX 300...CX 300 is way better. It is more efficient (can use the D2 at lower volumes), pumps a lot of bass and has better clarity than the Sony. Because of bass/ warm sound, it also pairs well with the analytical SQ of the Cowon.

I have not heard the other phones you mention though.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 16
I used to own VM Bass Freq...very bassy, warm sig. I'd only recommend BF if you really do want all-enveloping, clubbing-duty bass-heaviness. If you do, well, thems your man.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 16
you get what you pay for really, i bought the sony's for something cheap to try out in ear phones and yes they are crap but then again it depends what your source is i have found.

depending on what they are used with they can be overpoweringly bassy and with some music is all bass and vocals but with other sources they sound better but still crap.

still, ainn't tried the senns as they are advertised as being bass driven which is enough to put me off at least.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to own VM Bass Freq...very bassy, warm sig. I'd only recommend BF if you really do want all-enveloping, clubbing-duty bass-heaviness. If you do, well, thems your man.

I also think BF would be better.. but in some user reviews, I found that vModa BF dies after 3/4months.. is it true?? I've heard its wire gets broken easily.. actually I want to buy a long lasting headphone.. I used to have a lot of headphone, cheap of course.. they all got broken easily.. cheap means ~$10.. I also broke the headphone I got from Cowon within 4 months..

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 16
i strongly advise looking into the JBL reference 220s. I had the sennheiser cx300s as my first pair of "nice" headphones. The JBLs are easily 1-2 notches above the cx300s. Bass is overwhelming with the cx-300s (which you may like), but the jbl reference 220s aren't shy on bass either.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i strongly advise looking into the JBL reference 220s. I had the sennheiser cx300s as my first pair of "nice" headphones. The JBLs are easily 1-2 notches above the cx300s. Bass is overwhelming with the cx-300s (which you may like), but the jbl reference 220s aren't shy on bass either.

Thanks for the suggestion man.. I also think that JBL 220 is a good one..
but still confusing about which one should I buy.. CX300 or JBL200 or vModa BF or anything else.. :S

Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you manage to break earphones, i don't think i have ever managed that even with the ones that come with a player.

I wish I could know..
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by xCross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also think BF would be better.. but in some user reviews, I found that vModa BF dies after 3/4months.. is it true?? I've heard its wire gets broken easily.. actually I want to buy a long lasting headphone.. I used to have a lot of headphone, cheap of course.. they all got broken easily.. cheap means ~$10.. I also broke the headphone I got from Cowon within 4 months..

Can't help with how long Bass Freqs last -I didn't keep them for that long, and stopped using them within a couple of weeks when I realised that a basshead I was not.

The JBL is a solid recommendation -I had those too - very nice little phone w/ a wicked case. Are ATH CK7 outside your budget? Not sure how much they would be where you are. If you can find a used pair, they're worth hearing: good bright, clear treble & impressive, forceful bass that's pretty good if that's your thing (but not Bass Freq someone-threw-a-bale-of-lint-on-me bass
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

I need some suggestion of headphone.. Need to buy one for my Cowon D2.. Which one should I buy??

My Budget is ~$45..
I need a headphone which lasts long..
Good bass should be better..

I have selected these headphones: vModa Bass Freq. Headphones, Sennheiser CX300, Creative EP630 and Sony Fontopia EX71.. among them i have heard vModa BF Headphone doesn't last long.. liking the Sennheiser CX300 most.. suggest me if there is any other good headphone for me.. I really need to buy one..

Thanks in advance!!

JVC FX66 Air Cushions and a Starbucks coffee should fit in that budget.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

If you broke those tough little brutes that came with the Cowon, you should consider carefully before you buy any of the IEMs you have listed. IEMs are more fragile than buds (thin cords prone to snagging and wearing out, delicate drivers that can easily be crushed in a bag). CX 300 has a good build quality but I don't think its sturdier than the Cresyn 'buds bundled with the D2

So whichever IEM you decide to buy, give it some TLC
smile.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #15 of 16
I have bought vModa Bass Freq. Headphone!!
biggrin.gif
I bought it from USA (amazon.com).. only by $19.95 after $30 discount..

this headphone is really good.. SQ is really awesome.. about bass, I don't think it's too much bassy.. maybe because i'm a Bass Freak.. :p..

just need to see how much longer I can use it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back