Headphone stores near San Jose
Jun 24, 2009 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ginko

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I took a look at this thread, and now I have a few questions. I have read threads about noise isolating/noise cancelling headphones, and have concluded that different headphones isolate sound for different people. Hence, I'd like to go to a store where I can try out headphones to see which fits best. Over the head style is preferred, and I suppose in this case, it will be some sort of closed type ones (ATH-A700?). Any recommendations on headphone models, or stores where I can try them out are highly appreciated. As far as price range goes, the cheaper the better, but if there's more bang for back in something else, do feel free to suggest what you think is best.

Also for kicks, I'd like to be able to try out the AKG K701 cans, even though I know that my source is far inferior for them to sound any good (I don't have an amp either). Any store that will potentially carry those?

Thanks for all the invaluable help I've received via the search.

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 12
Ginko, I have a pair of AKG K702 and Sennheiser HD650's and am located in San Jose. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to stop by to listen for a while. I've sent you a PM.

Guitar Center and there's that other pro audio store on Bascom (can't remember the name) will probably have headphones you can try out as well?

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks for all the replies!

My friend is also looking for the same thing, so we might drop by at the aforementioned stores sometime really soon.

Wes, that is really kind of you. I've sent a reply.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 12
Audible Arts - Highend Audio

They carry Grados and have them to demo... Jeff is a audiophile that is trustworthy. He isn't tied to any brand and carries what he likes best.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 12
Also, there is going to be a meet. I forgot the exact date but you should check out the regional forum.

EDIT: Also, I was very surprised that many of great contributors of this forum are from bay area
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 12
This sure sounds enticing! If I have someone to accompany me (I'm trying to rope a friend in, since I don't have a car
wink.gif
), I'll most definitely attend. Can't hurt to go to meets and meet people and their cans
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #12 of 12
Audible Arts is open at certain hours and you can just drop by. But if you want something particular set up, best to call.

The address is under their "PROFILE" link at the top. Listening Room 2 is my favorite, after you move the chair forward.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back