Headphone Stores in Singapore?
Mar 7, 2003 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zia

New Head-Fier
Someone I know is going to Singapore, and I need to get a headphone from there for a friend of mine. He has now got my Koss PortaPro and likes it very much. Where can this "can" be bought at SG? Sugesstions will be very much appreciated.

He is mainly looking for light-weight but good-sounding headphones (ear-phones won' t do). Anything else that can meet his demands?

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 11
hmmm... singapore is not exactly headphone heaven. there aren't many brands of headphones sold in singapore. you could ask your friend to try 'the adelphi' building. the adelphi carries a lot of high end stuff, but i haven't been there in ages. or alternatively, you can ask your friend to try 'sim lim square' building. but this place is known to charge tourists high prices. so some form of bargaining is required. you can also get electronic audio equipment cheap, so why not get your friend to bring some back? a lot of tourists come here to buy the cheap electronics stuff.

Mar 7, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 11
Singapore is not a headphone heaven? I guess you're partially wrong.

At Adelphi,
2nd level - Music by Design
They are the main Grado distributor in Singapore. They have almost all Grado model in stock, from SR60 to the RS-1. Good service and the store manager actually let you try out any grado model before buying. There are other shops there that stock some AKG and Sennheiser headphones.

Sim Lim Square,
3rd level - Hung Brother
they stock lots of headphone brands (AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Koss, Phillps, etys. Their price are a bit steep but negotiable. Not all headphones models are available, I was told by the salesman there that they depend on their supplier stock, and they could not gurantee the availability of each and every models. I bought my portapros there at $89, I can't find it at any other shops to compare price.

At http://www.bluetin.com
Base in Singapore and without any storefront. Carries mainly Sony and Audio technica. Pleasant and prompt service.

The only brand i haven't seen available in Singapore is the Ultrasone.

Zia, if you have heard the portapros, try Sony D66sl Eggo. They are very portable, lightweight and have awesome sound.

Good Luck!

Mar 7, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 11
ACTUALLY, someone just posted the other day about Ultrasones in singapore
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...sone+singapore

Mar 8, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 11
I think Hung Bros is the best place to get the Porta Pros in Singapore. Or maybe the Senn PX100 or 200 for alternative portable cans. They are in the same price range.

The Ultrasone dealer (alvin@auralfocus.com) seems to be running out of stock for Ultrasones. The only other stuff I know he carries is the Philips HP890 and Alessandros. He also says headphone amps are coming pretty soon. Pretty competitive prices for all his stuff, but I don't know about availability.

Mar 8, 2003 at 8:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Thank you very much for the replies! They will indeed come very useful.

By the way, aren't the D66L Eggo much to pricey compared to Koss PortaPro? And speaking of that, what is the price of those phones at SG? I got my PortaPro for US $25+shipping from the Koss's website, using a coupon. What price should I expect there?

How about the price/availability of Sennheiser PX200?

Mar 8, 2003 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 11
I got my PX200 from Hung Bros at SGD$95. The PX100 cost me $75. The Portapro has a price tag of $89.90. I think they'll knock off a couple of bucks if you bargain.

Happy hunting
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2003 at 12:19 PM Post #11 of 11
I'll recommend Hung Brothers, service there is prompt and pleasent...

I'm not sure if they are overpriced but they are definately cheaper then some screwed up store in the 4th floor which was selling the PX200s at $129...

MSRP of sennheiser PX200 is $59.95, multipied by 1.8 (US$ to SG$ exchange rate) = $107.91...

Not that bad right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back