Headphone storage???
Jun 10, 2004 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Infoolio

New Head-Fier
Got my HD-555s yesterday.........still loving them. I'm letting them "burn in" right now on some shoutcast streaming classical music.

My big question is........how do I store these when I'm not using them? Is there a stand I can get or should I just keep them in the original box? Or another case perhaps?

Ideas welcome!

Jun 10, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 12
Hey, how's it going? I am looking for a stand as well.
No luck yet, I'll probably just get one of those glass heads and put some cool lights in it or something.

Check out this thread for a lenghty discussion from people looking for headphone stands:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=23446

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 12
That glass head was on sale at Pier 1 for about $15 shipped. It isn't anymore, but they may still have it.
icon10.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 12
Jun 10, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Jun 10, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 12
FYI: Spoke with Senn USA office today and asked if I could bUy the headphone stand that comes with the HD595. They said it was not being sold seperately at this time, but might be available in a few months.

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 12
Banana hangers work nicely, but sometimes the clearance is inadequate.

Also, audiocubes sells the Stax headphone stand by itself.

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 12
I've been considering semi-rigid zipped padded boxes -- Outdoor Research Padded Cells. Variety of sizes, etc here:
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Sear...ry=padded+cell

I've used them before for backpacking gear and they're a good product. Not nearly as flashy as glass heads, though...
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 12
My Hi-Fi rack has an isolation platform on the top shelf. Just below it I have a hook I bought in IKEA that snugly fits the gap in the centre of the foam around the headband on my Sennheiser HD-650s. It works well and lets me hang them without them touching my very warm Sugden Masterclass amp right next to it.

Jun 13, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by spanner
My Hi-Fi rack has an isolation platform on the top shelf. Just below it I have a hook I bought in IKEA that snugly fits the gap in the centre of the foam around the headband on my Sennheiser HD-650s. It works well and lets me hang them without them touching my very warm Sugden Masterclass amp right next to it.

Have a pic?

Jun 13, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #12 of 12
The banana hanger has been the more popular around for a long time, you could get varios types. I got mine in TJMaxx and is very nice, green wood and chrome, I removed the hook, and replace it for a right angle chrome bolt and period, later on I covered the hook with a foam roller and got a nice hanger for less than 10.00...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back