Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? I don't even own a single K271.
confused.gif

lol, i was thrown off too.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to finish cleaning up my desk this weekend though, because I think there is a Stax Lambda somewhere on it too, and I'd like to listen to those again sometime.

I vote for a real desk cleaning, until you find the Lambda's.
Then fully charge them and enjoy the electrostatic bliss...
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for a real desk cleaning, until you find the Lambda's.
Then fully charge them and enjoy the electrostatic bliss...
wink.gif

I eventually found them, but then I decided I didn't really want to listen to them afterall so they're still sitting there.

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #36 of 51
Fitz cleared of his desk?! Where have I been?

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #37 of 51
Ok, so a lot of the suggestions are very good, but they would require a fair amount of wallspace or floorspace, neither of which I have enough of to work with without it being very inconvenient. So I think I am going to give my original closet shelf hooks idea a try. This is a very bad artistic rendition of how I would expect it to be if you were looking at the shelves from outside the closet:

It is a modification of what I use to hang my test leads on the side of my workbench. I would use the wires from scrap pieces of 12ga romex, which is easy enough to bend with pliers, but will hold the headphones without bending. The little narrow spot at the top is to run a short screw through to hold it to the underside of the shelf above. Based on my estimates, I can get the headphones stored using just two shelves without them getting in each other's way. Right now I have most of them piled into one and a half shelves, so it does not really use up much new space. This will also let me get directly to any headphone I want, and does not put any strain on the elastics, so I am very optimistic about this idea unless somebody knows of a problem I am not thinking of.

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz cleared of his desk?! Where have I been?

Well I cleared the headphones off, I still have to clean up a lot more stuff. But here is proof with a photo I just took (only one AKG on the desk!):

You can also see the stack of CDs that had been hidden for a while.

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #39 of 51
I say you make a rack, and put that neat AKG sign you have next to the rack.

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz, where does the condom fit into all of this?

That's exactly what I was going to say!

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #44 of 51
I found some scrap wire and made/installed four of the headphone hangers like I drew above. Let me say this is going to be one kickass looking headphone storage system, and it's going to work perfectly. I'm gonna go put some more up so I can have a whole shelf done already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back