Headphone sightings
Feb 24, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #61 of 202
There's a kid in one of my classes who has Sennheiser PX100s. And I passed someone in the computer science hall who has a pair of Ety 6 (or 6i's).

Everyone else seems to have a iBuds or whatnot. For me the iBuds lasted less than two weeks. They already sounded pretty bad to some of the other ones I had (Sony MDR E837, and some cheap Panasonics).

And I'd like to add - if you're on facebook ([yourschool].facebook.com), could you add "Head-fi" to your interests? Nice to know who's in college-fi on facebook
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #63 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitaoji
There's a kid in one of my classes who has Sennheiser PX100s. And I passed someone in the computer science hall who has a pair of Ety 6 (or 6i's).

Everyone else seems to have a iBuds or whatnot. For me the iBuds lasted less than two weeks. They already sounded pretty bad to some of the other ones I had (Sony MDR E837, and some cheap Panasonics).

And I'd like to add - if you're on facebook ([yourschool].facebook.com), could you add "Head-fi" to your interests? Nice to know who's in college-fi on facebook
icon10.gif

you should see the humanities side of campus (west), nothing but cheap sony and ibuds. but there were some PX100s, and ER6, FS-1, and UE Sf3 i think. i facebooked "head-fi" under interest already... on the bus i did see a 595 though, and a SR80 in VLSB.

Feb 24, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #64 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
I saw PortaPros on some girl at a bus station, I was amazed.

I got my ex a pair of PortaPros, she lived in Vancouver until late September 2005... maybe it was her! She had great ears, and a real knack for describing the differences between different sounds... but when it was her own money, she just didn't care...

Sadly, my current girlfriend just does not give a damn about sound whatsoever, and only, only, only wanted a pair of QC2's since she borrowed her friend's pair once and loved the noise cancelling... so I had to cave and get her a pair of those...
frown.gif
I cried knowing I spent time in my life earning money to buy a Bose product...

I tried pitching etys... "What, you want me to stick those IN my ears?!?"
etysmile.gif

*sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
You saw someone wearing RS1s? Like, outdoors? Someone might not know what they have.
biggrin.gif

rs1smile.gif
I've worn mine twice outdoors, and have brought them to the office quite a few times, but usually the SR325's are the ones that leave home...

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #65 of 202
at Balmoral Beach i saw a couple of blokes avin a BBQ outside their Multi-million dollar water-front house *shakesfist* in Sydney today, one had a ATH-A900 on and one had an Orpheus set up and was listening.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #66 of 202
Something's wrong with me
confused.gif
I suddenly feel like getting the Bose QC2's or the triports...Seems like everyone's talking about them! Argh....I know I shouldn't get a Bose product but why?!?! There seems to be this urge deep down inside me...
eek.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #67 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Saw a guy riding the subway with an SR125 once. Apart from that, it's the usual sea of Triports, a V6 here and there, or the occasional QC2. Grado is pretty common on the NY subway... I see SR60s more than you'd think.

Really? I ride the NY subway to school and back everyday and i've never seen Grado in real life. maybe i just sleep too much.
And my sighting is: this guy that i hate goes to my school and i saw him with ATH-CM7. Lucky i had my EC7's on me that day and saw the look on his face like
eek.gif

my school has tons of ibuds and triports. depresses me.

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #69 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
confused.gif
I suddenly feel like getting the Bose QC2's or the triports...Seems like everyone's talking about them! Argh....I know I shouldn't get a Bose product but why?!?! There seems to be this urge deep down inside me...
eek.gif

Go to a Bose store and have a listen... you'll quickly lose your urge.

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #70 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibo
at Balmoral Beach i saw a couple of blokes avin a BBQ outside their Multi-million dollar water-front house *shakesfist* in Sydney today, one had a ATH-A900 on and one had an Orpheus set up and was listening.
orphsmile.gif

What the heck? I think that sighting is going to be hard to beat. You saw an Orpheus in the Wild!
eek.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #71 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghopper
Really? I ride the NY subway to school and back everyday and i've never seen Grado in real life. maybe i just sleep too much.
And my sighting is: this guy that i hate goes to my school and i saw him with ATH-CM7. Lucky i had my EC7's on me that day and saw the look on his face like
eek.gif

my school has tons of ibuds and triports. depresses me.

Yeah, I've seen at least a dozen pair of SR60, a handful of SR80, and once I saw an SR125.

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #72 of 202
On a recent trip I saw a father and son at SeaTac each with SR325's. Not what I'd choose for the airplane, but to each their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
confused.gif
eek.gif

That's another thread. But don't feel bad. Bose headphones are a perfectly nice way to listen to music while enjoying Thomas Kinkade paintings.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #73 of 202
Sighted on a recent trip to San Francisco:

2 Sennheiser PX100s
3 Sony MDR-EX71s (2 black, 1 white)
1 Sony MDR-EX81
1 Ety ER6
1 Sennheiser HD201
3 Bose QC2
1 Shure E2c
4,673,349 white iPod earbuds

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #74 of 202
I just talked to a guy at my campus cafetaria. He had shure e2c and the iaudio x5l. I forgot to ask if he visits headfi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back