Headphone Shops?
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 23
Anywhere in Sydney?

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 23
We should start get a sticky going with points of interest :]

I was thinking about this earlier-- would it be possible to set up a google earth profile with points of interests marked down (with notes/descriptions)? That way, people could physically see if they're close or at least how far they are from a place they could demo cans. We could have meets and events in bold letters :] I'm just afraid of all the maintenance required to keep it updated.

Would anyone know if this is a plausible idea? If it were, this would really thin out the "What should I buy" threads by letting people try things out for themselves first.

I think I'll drop this idea in the member's lounge to see if there's any interest.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Evil Dan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about something near Washington, D.C.?

There is Deja Vu audio in McClean. They're an authorized Stax and Grado dealer. I don't know if they audition, but my guess would be yes. It's an interesting place to visit even if you can't audition.

There's also a home theater store in Falls Church at Rt 50 and Cherry Lane that sell Grados. I don't know if you can audition there either.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #21 of 23
I went to deja vu once and auditioned a stax omega system and a set of grado rs-2's. There is a store in maryland, Soundworks, and they have grado 80's, 125's and 325's and a set of sennheiser 580's.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lacrossebowe8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to deja vu once and auditioned a stax omega system and a set of grado rs-2's. There is a store in maryland, Soundworks, and they have grado 80's, 125's and 325's and a set of sennheiser 580's.

Is sound works the shop on Connecticut Ave in Kennsington?

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is Deja Vu audio in McClean. They're an authorized Stax and Grado dealer. I don't know if they audition, but my guess would be yes. It's an interesting place to visit even if you can't audition.

There's also a home theater store in Falls Church at Rt 50 and Cherry Lane that sell Grados. I don't know if you can audition there either.

Oh my... I went to their website, and their products seem a little out of my budget (by about $2500
biggrin.gif
), but oh lord do they have some nice stuff. They have amps there with more tubes than I have fingers!
Even though I wont be able to afford anything there for a while, I can still OH MY GOD THEY HAVE FINANCING
crap
well, for now I can still go and audition me some STAX 'phones, and maybe a GS-1000, and maybe they might have decent prices on tubes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back