Headphone Shops in Tokyo? Also headphone recommendations?
May 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sho51

New Head-Fier
So towards the end of this month I am going to Tokyo (Setagaya to be a bit more specific), and was hoping I could get some recommendations for some good headphone shops to check out. I've searched for this topic, and from many old threads I have seen a lot of recommendations for Yodobashi Camera and Bic Camera. Are there any good headphone specific stores to go to? I have already been to many Yodobashi Camera's and Bic Camera's (though not for the sake of headphones), and I thought it would be fun to explore and check out some smaller specialty shops.

Also, I'd be glad to take any recommendations on good headphones to buy while I'm there. Specifically, headphones that are cheaper to get over there, especially now that the Yen has gotten weaker (right now $1 ~ ¥100). Suggestions for IEMs would be great too, but I am more looking to buy headphones. As of right now, I am thinking about getting the Audio-Technica ATH-AD1000x. My realistic range is probably around ¥20000 to ¥30000, but if they're worth it and I if I can get some more money by then I might try to get something like the AD2000x instead. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

May 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Are you sure things are cheaper in Japan? Those island countries - Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, you name it - all seem to have higher prices than here in the US. I've seen something akin to 2/3 higher than US prices at times.

May 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Are you sure things are cheaper in Japan? Those island countries - Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, you name it - all seem to have higher prices than here in the US. I've seen something akin to 2/3 higher than US prices at times.

Well I'm not sure for all headphones, but for those two headphones I named, they are definitely cheaper than getting it through an exporter (they aren't being sold through regular retailers yet, at least that I am aware of).

Some prices in Japan for the AD1000x:
Amazon.co.jp
Yodabashi Camera

Compared to:
AccessoryJack
Amazon.com
Audiocubes
ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back