headphone sellers that ship to canada?
Oct 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

aeewee

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes.
smile_phones.gif

I'm looking for any popular sites that ship to Canada. I was planning on using amazon to buy most of my headphones but it seems that pretty much all their headphones wont ship to my location. I'm just wondering where some Canadian members buy there phones and how much more it will cost. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 17
Well, I was planning on getting some JVC RX900's because I wanted to mod them. After that I was planning on getting some Shure SRH840, or sennhesier hd600 or hd595 or so. But I tend to change my mind quite easily, I'm mostly looking for a universal site that supplies a variety of headphones.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 17
You can find Shures and Senn at futureshop/bestbuy or high end audio stores in Canada. Though, the Senn HD600 aren't cheap. There are sites that ship to Canada but be ready to pay a hefty shipping fee and custom.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 17
NCIX carries Etymotic, Sennheiser, and BeyerD. Pricey, however. No street prices, except if you see something on sale (and HD600/HD650/DT880 never go on sale).

Future Shop has the SRH440 for 100. That's about it.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 17
Actually, I've seen both the 600's and 650's go on sale at NCIX for $100 off. Not very often, though. Newegg.ca also had the 600's on for $299.99 once, but I suspect they may have been trying to clear stock, because it only lasted about a day. Regardless, prices are noticeably higher in Canada than the US, especially with the near 1-1 currency exchange we're approaching.

If you look for a high-end independent audio store, they're often good bets for stocking stuff that BB and FS don't bother with.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 17
J&R will ship to Canada.

jr.com

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #10 of 17
Oct 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NCIX.com has HD595, HD600, HD650 etc but the prices are way bloated. I wouldn't recommend buying from them unless you have no other choice. One site I recommend is Buy Audio Technica Headphones, iTech Bluetooth, Penpower Chinese Tablet at AccessoryJack. I ordered ATH-AD900 and I think they have HD595 in stock at a way cheaper price than ncix.com offers. Their customer service is also top-notch from my past dealings w/ them.

that site isn't bad, but sometimes you'll be able to find cheaper stuff in the USA+shipping than some items on that website.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #12 of 17
Agreed. But as a Canadian myself living in Canada I couldn't find any other better place to order ATH-AD900 from other than that site. ATH-AD2000 seems pretty overpriced at the site so you do make a good point however.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #13 of 17
Well, there is one way, but then you would need to add the cost of gas as a factor. There are many warehouses that offer their services for Canadian near the US/CAN border, you could ship it to them (free of course if the seller provides it) then drive down to pick them up. The best way is doing a day trip or a "visit" and buy lots of stuff to off set the gas cost.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #14 of 17
I had great service and a good price from accessoryjack.com on my AD900, I have seen the JVC model your looking for at newegg.ca, memoryexpress.com is good for some Senn stuff, Canadacomputer was also a good online reseller, Axe music is not bad but usually over priced. London Drugs occasionaly has good stuff on sale (Klipsch S4 was on sale until today for a decent price), Future Shop has put some decent headphones on sale, you just have to watch to get a good deal. But almost all larger brick and mortor stores in Canada have horrible selections and even worse pricing.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 17
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'll be sure to look back on each of them when I have some time. J/R seem to be the most professional so far, I wonder if they will have competitive pricing against other products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back