Headphone Search including feel
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hughscot

New Head-Fier
My first time on this site but the reason I'm here is to seek some help in obtaining a good but not esoteric, pair of headphones.  I've read several reviews but it seems to be subject to individual tastes.  I am also concerned about comfort, I've got a large head.  So if I can get some direction I'd really appreciate it.  I will be listening to hi-end recording via streaming but not MP3.  May use something like the new PONO.  

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 6
Budget? Type of music? Open or close headphones? If you don't know what that means, you might want to read the buying guide: http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Try the Innerfidelity Wall of Fame lists next. The links to the lists are at the bottom of the page. Each of the headphones in the list typically go to a full review, and Tyll is recognized by most head-fiers as being a good reviewer. He also will talk about fit and comfort in his reviews.

So if you pick out some headphones from the buying guide and those lists, let us know. They we can offer suggestions for headphones that are similar to what you have picked out, or even where to find the headphones you want at a good price (some of them are cheaper than what those resources say).

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 6
  My first time on this site but the reason I'm here is to seek some help in obtaining a good but not esoteric, pair of headphones.  I've read several reviews but it seems to be subject to individual tastes.  I am also concerned about comfort, I've got a large head.  So if I can get some direction I'd really appreciate it.  I will be listening to hi-end recording via streaming but not MP3.  May use something like the new PONO.  

My Sony MDR-F1s are the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.  They are now discontinued, but you can still get the MDR-MA900, which has a very similar form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back