Headphone rewire: Should I use Silver stranded wire or Mogami W2839 cable?
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deathdealerxx

New Head-Fier
 just got my new set of ATH-AD700s in the mail and Im ready to do a rewire on them. I cant seem to make up my mind.... I want to add a flexable mic to the headphones as well... So basically I was thinking I could buy the mogami wire and use the extra conductor and the shielding as the connectors for the microphone. Or should I buy some silver stranded wire and use five conductors, braid them together and then sleeve them with some nylon sleeving??? Does anyone have any suggestions as to which would be better? Was gonna use the stock cable as an extension. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 5
i dont think the ad700 will benefit from silver. I had the ad900, and it surely didnt benefit from an amp.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Well its more or less for looks. Since Im adding a microphone I would need two conductors for it. My other thought was to use some Mogami W2839 cable and use the extra wire plus the shield as the two conductors for the mic. Would this cause any problems? Other than not having a shield which I don't think I'll have any problems with EMI or RFI. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back