Headphone Reviews Question?
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 18
I wouldn't exactly consider this thread moronic, I haven't asked anybody for anything, and I probably won't any time soon, i'm honestly not stupid enough to ask Sennheiser/Sony for a product to review and I only have 1 review to my name, a sorry one at that. I just wanted to know what to say when/if the opportunity comes. I shall start "rehearsing" my reviews but I did my first one as a start. On the topic of this thread being a repeat my first inner asked what I had to do to get to that level, and this one is asking basically what to do once I am actually at that level (which i'm aware I am no where near). My reviewing "style" so to speak, is that so where an everyday headphone listener can understand what i'm saying, because I am sure a lot of people do not know about circumaural ear cups, ohms, and frequency response.

P.S.: no disrespect towards anybody in above post.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly consider this thread moronic, I haven't asked anybody for anything, and I probably won't any time soon, i'm honestly not stupid enough to ask Sennheiser/Sony for a product to review and I only have 1 review to my name, a sorry one at that. I just wanted to know what to say when/if the opportunity comes. I shall start "rehearsing" my reviews but I did my first one as a start. On the topic of this thread being a repeat my first inner asked what I had to do to get to that level, and this one is asking basically what to do once I am actually at that level. My reviewing "style" so to speak, is that so where an everyday headphone listener can understand what i'm saying, because I am sure a lot of people do not know about circumaural ear cups, ohms, and frequency response.

Another avenue is PC magazines or gaming forums, sooner or later a lot of them take an interest in a higher form of
headphones.

Then there is Men lifestyle magazines that occasionally profile a piece of headphone gear.

My advice is to practice your reviewing prose, as if you were writing a script over and over - once you're
happy send it far and wide, you'll never know what will come back until you try.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #18 of 18
To be perfectly blunt, talking about stuff people don't know about makes it look like you know what you're talking about.

But yeah, to even begin to be considered a good reviewer, you really need to know your stuff. People like Skylab, Joker, Tyll, ClieOS, and project86 are household names here because they seriously know their stuff. I don't know jack compared to any of them, and I'm totally okay with that. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they still buy or loan most of the stuff they've reviewed.

If you want to know what I consider to be the pinnacle of a written topic, look up darth_nut's Stax Omega 2 review.

It really takes A LOT to be at the level where companies give you stuff without luck being involved. Not to discourage you, but if reviewing stuff were easy, everyone would do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back