Headphone return (unethical :P)
Oct 31, 2011 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

blackeyed

New Head-Fier
I have brought bose ie2 (i know nobody likes bose here) however after wearing it for sometime i am experiencing pain in my left ear. I checked with my retailer and they said its not a manufacturing fault and due to hygiene reasons they cant return it and then i checked with bose and they said its not a manufacturing fault and could be problem with shape or opening of my ear so they cant return it until unless its proven as a manufacturing fault. I have used GR07,SE215, Koss 75 but never had any trouble but its impossible to prove its a manufacturing fault either. 

So is there any way i can return or break it to make it look like manufacturing fault ? playing some kinda wierd music or something :p 

I have got another reason to hate Bose apart for bass dominated unclear sound it produces compared to GR07 :frowning2:

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 12
How long have you had them for? it is unethical to break them and say it is manufacturing fault and they would just replace them with same ones if they did take them back. You could try and tell the retailer that there is a problem with one of the drivers crackling and going in and out once and a while during walking sessions. It is hard to prove that they don't unless they test them extensively. But hey we don't like Bose for a reason and wish more people would listen to us. Same goes with beats.

And why should a company take back a product if it is out o return policy? If it were purchased from best buy you had 30 days to return and most other places are the same.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 12
Wait only 3 days ago?
7 day return policy, say you never used them - it was a gift for a friend, but un-wanted.

HMV might turn and say, they will offer you store credit instead of a full refund - worth a shot.
If that HMV don't accept it, try going to another HMV and doing the same thing: They SHOULD be able to give you credit//refund, if its before 7days/28days - depending on their stores policy.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 12
God....that's a hard one - if you can, try looking at an unboxing video, see how it was before you opened them, put EVERYTHING back as it was, and give it a shot, remember you got literally nothing to lose.
If they tell you: No we don't accept it, try "haggling with them" - but if they still refuse, then just try another store, and again if they refuse too, then what I said is "not valid"

What I'm saying is, be persistent with them, and think to yourself, if you try going back to HMV, you have nothing to lose - so why not try it :)!

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 12
I have returned opened headphones to a few different US retailers without any kind of hassle. I am in the minority but I like the Bose IE and prefer the original tips over the Stay Hear tips.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
I have returned opened headphones to a few different US retailers without any kind of hassle. I am in the minority but I like the Bose IE and prefer the original tips over the Stay Hear tips.

Problem is...when its opened people know its been "used" or at least one can assume.

What he has to do, is return everything as it was including packaging etc. and more so, clean the tips, so they look spanking new.
One can only hope that the retailer, HMV will be lenient - you just have to try and find out.

And why did I say go to different HMV's?
As I once tried returning a stupid cable that game sold to me - which was the HDD transfer cable (they sold it to me for a whopping £15, even though on ebay its like £2) I went into one store, the same one, and they refused to refund it. Then I went to a store several miles down, and they guy was cool (the manager) - he told me usually we shouldn't return it, but seeing as it looks new, nothing seems to be really "abused" we will refund it, but just keep it in mind that usually we don't do this (is what he said) - so that's worth a shot, I was £15 "in pocket" and wasn't pissed off at the Game store any longer - never walked into that Game shop since....but have done to the other one, where they took the refund.

I did accuse them of false advertising though...:wink:
(as they offered a trade-in for the 360 elite for the slim at £100, and yet nowhere did they state that you had to buy an extra £15 cable)

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 12
A lot of stores, at least in the US, tout "100% satisfaction guaranteed, so even if you turn out not to like the build or something stupid like the color, you can take them back as you wish, within the stipulation (no damage, within 30 or 60 days, etc.).

That's not unethical.  That's store policy.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 12
Actually HMVs return policy states:

"Headphones In the interest of hygiene hmv will be unable to exchange or refund any headphones that have been opened and used, unless they are proven faulty." 

:frowning2: so i have only one option to prove them faulty somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back