Headphone request: I hear outside + headphone, outside hears nothing
Jun 8, 2017 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rogue-OP

New Head-Fier
I need some help picking new headphones!
I just got a baby and have an itching to produce music. However, I need to be able to hear when the baby cries, but I don't want the baby (or my wife) to hear the music coming from my headphones. I'm thinking open-backed headphones makes sense, but they also tend to leak sound out.

Budget is up to $300 and they should be fairly flat response (for accurate music production).

Thanks in advance!

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 3
I need some help picking new headphones!
I just got a baby and have an itching to produce music. However, I need to be able to hear when the baby cries, but I don't want the baby (or my wife) to hear the music coming from my headphones. I'm thinking open-backed headphones makes sense, but they also tend to leak sound out.

Budget is up to $300 and they should be fairly flat response (for accurate music production).

Thanks in advance!

If you don't mind IEMs, Westone has an IEM lineup (AM Pro series) that is made for on stage performers that allow ambient noise through. I believe there are also some CIEM companies that do this too but I can't remember which. I haven't heard them at all so I can't tell you if they have a flat frequency response or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back