Headphone Repair?
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

slavik415

New Head-Fier
The jack on my Audio Technica ATH-M50's has been in bad shape for the past couple months and I believe there isn't much time before they cut out completely. I'm seeing if anyone in the community does repairs since there isn't a reputable headphone repair shop anywhere near me (Upstate NY).  If anyone knows, or does this type of work themselves I'd appreciate if you would let me know.
Thanks.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 3
  The jack on my Audio Technica ATH-M50's has been in bad shape for the past couple months and I believe there isn't much time before they cut out completely. I'm seeing if anyone in the community does repairs since there isn't a reputable headphone repair shop anywhere near me (Upstate NY).  If anyone knows, or does this type of work themselves I'd appreciate if you would let me know.
Thanks.

If you have access to a soldering iron, you can replace the plug yourself.

Canare F-12 Stereo 1/8"

$5.56
http://www.daleproaudio.com/p-1518-canare-f-12-3-pole-35mm-mini-phone-plug-tip-ring-sleeve.aspx?gclid=CjgKEAjw2pSdBRCc5Or_vuWw7TgSJAA5txZg--lUrr4h4CKA93TWZDEoQvBNYJTzyvSoo3fxhe-h6vD_BwE

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 3
^ I also agree that you should consider doing it yourself.  Soldering is very easy and it's a very good skill to have.  You can pick up a cheapo soldering kit at radio shack for like $10-$15.  

I'm sure there are a ton of repair shops in New York that would be willing to do it for you, but it would be way overpriced and you wouldn't come out of it with any newly acquired skills/knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back