Headphone Repair help
Dec 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LiquidMotionz

New Head-Fier
Hi, this morning i went to plug in and put on my ATH-M50s and only the left side worked. Curious as I am,  I went home grasped my voltage meter and measured the ohmns and the 3.5mm jack and to the left driver, it was fine. Next I did from the jack to the right side it worked. Then i went from left to right. fine. so i unhooked my red and black stereo cords from my speakers and help them over the jack, both worked. (Note that i also plugged the headphones into 5 devices.) then tired the red and black over the solder joints and both worked. (also note it only worked if i had it a certain way.) I have not only had this problem with another pair of headphones, and the same result came back. If someone could  help me fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 4
Sounds to me like the connector is broken. You can get connectors for cheap on Amazon, I recommend this Neutrik connector, it is pretty easy to attach as long as you have a bit of soldering experience.  I just used one to recable my headphones and it has worked well so far.  (been using it for a couple months now and no problems)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008JFHII?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 4
I have 2 solderless connectors, and used one on the other headphones that had the same problem and it still had the same problem, and used the second one on something else just to double check and they both didn't work, they are the screw in kind

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Im not sure what your problem is then. You could recable them, that would probably fix them. I had a similar problem and I never found out what the problem was but it fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back