Headphone Recommendations!
Oct 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SptTablo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I need some recommendation for headphones.
I listen to many different genres of music.
But my favorite genres are Jazz, Ballad, Rock, and HipHop/Rap.
I currently own UE900, Klipse Image One, Bang&Olufson A8 Earphone, and Parrot Zik.
I do not own any headphone amp.
I have laptop and I have external soundcard with is Creative Sound Blast er X-Fi Surround USB soundcard.
I am thinking of spending 200 dollars, but can be flexible up to 50 dollar plus or minus.
I was looking at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, DT770, Sennheiser Momentum.
But I'd rather ask you guys opinion to have better idea.
Please throw any recommendations.
Oh by the way, I will need closed back headphone since I will bring it around a lot and also I will use it when I study in library.
Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 6
The two you mentioned are good headphones. You may want to consider the Focal Spirit Ones. I have a pair of 806V bookshelf speakers, and they are the most natural sounding speakers I have ever had. SQ is amazing with a deeper soundstage. If you can, I would audition the ones you select before buying. If you are unable to audition, I would suggest select an online retailer that offers a home trial period.

Hope this helps.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey Fourplay, 
Thanks for the reply!
I live in Vancouver, BC and I not have much places that I can audition the headphones. 
Could you recommend me online retailers where they have trial duration? 
Thanks again :)

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 6
  Hey Fourplay, 
Thanks for the reply!
I live in Vancouver, BC and I not have much places that I can audition the headphones. 
Could you recommend me online retailers where they have trial duration? 
Thanks again :)

Find a place called The Headphone Bar its in Vancouver they have lots of headphone's and can audition lots of different headphones and amps 

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 6
http://www.amazon.ca/Yamaha-HPH-MT220BL-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00B44N0DA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412832179&sr=8-1&keywords=mt220

i meant to recommend this can, but the price in canada is way offff...arrgghhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back