Headphone recommendations
Aug 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 20
  try akg k550, they are essentially a closed back k702 if you are looking for some type of isolation

I have to strongly disagree.  Those two cans have very different sound signatures--different bass, sound stage, treble--in short just about everything.  They are far more dissimilar than they are alike.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 20
Ok sorry i was off a bit, let me explain.  While they are different, one, the k550 easily fits into his price range while the other, the k702 is a fair bit out of it.  So while the comparrison might be a little off as the k702 is open and will have a better soundstage and the k550 is closed and will have much less of a soundstage, but still a good soundstage for a closed back headphone. Furthermore the k702 has a crisper tigher treble, less bass and an overall flatter sound than the k550 but it still offers a somewhat, i say somewhat very loosely, similar sound at a cheaper price and in an isolated headphone.  Also im assuming he might want to use the headphones in an area where there might be other people and he might want isolation.  Sorry for my incorrect statement i was just trying to give a decent option in his price range that offered a good soundstage in a closed back headphone.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 20
Instead of the K550, I agree with the Soundmagic HP150 recommendation. Both the K550 and HP150 are similar enough in class that I think someone that would like one would also like the other, but obviously personal tastes would result in a preference for one. However, the K550 has fit and placement problems, and so if you can't test the two out, I recommend the HP150. Plus, the cabling setup is better. HP150 comes with a short cable + extension. K550s cable is really long (I think 3m?).

Know that the HP150 soundstage is a little bit smaller for a closed headphone, but better than average for a closed headphone.

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 20
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #20 of 20
Thanks for the comments so far.
Seems like the prices are a little different from where you guys are.
I'm from europe and was hoping for a headphone for around €150-200, that why I said 200-250USD.

K702 is on the high side but I'll look further into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back