Headphone recommendations
Sep 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

max2

100+ Head-Fier
I am buying some new ones soon. Just can't decide if I should get ear phones or headphones?

Last time I got the Shure 525 ear phones. Can't remember the exact model number because it been well over 4 to 5 years sense I tried them. All I remember is they had a option to lower the music on the ear phones and hear people talking to you without taking the ear phones off. Awesome feature. I didn't like their fit though.
sad.png
They sounded really great though. Prefer ear phones too but couldn't get them comfortable in my ear.
sad.png

Next I got the Denon DH2000 headphones. Loved them and these are the ones I kept. The only disadvantage is after 3 years of having them the little screw that keeps the ear cups on came off on the left had side. Then cup on the right hand side came off. I got them by on but it was very difficult. Wish there was a easier way. Currently I must be careful they don't fall off. Otherwise they are still ok. I still want new ear phones or headphones though.

Which ear phones or headphones do you all recommend?

Here is what I will be using them for:

Movies
Music
Gaming
YouTube videos

I am willing to spend $350 to $550 I just can't decide if I want the noise isolation in ear phones give me ? I still like normal headphones but hate that they leak sound plus you need a semi quiet environment to use them. :frowning2:

Is there any in ear phones that give the same quality sound as over the head headphones ?

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 18
  I am buying some new ones soon. Just can't decide if I should get ear phones or headphones?

Last time I got the Shure 525 ear phones. Can't remember the exact model number because it been well over 4 to 5 years sense I tried them. All I remember is they had a option to lower the music on the ear phones and hear people talking to you without taking the ear phones off. Awesome feature. I didn't like their fit though.
sad.png
They sounded really great though. Prefer ear phones too but couldn't get them comfortable in my ear.
sad.png

Next I got the Denon DH2000 headphones. Loved them and these are the ones I kept. The only disadvantage is after 3 years of having them the little screw that keeps the ear cups on came off on the left had side. Then cup on the right hand side came off. I got them by on but it was very difficult. Wish there was a easier way. Currently I must be careful they don't fall off. Otherwise they are still ok. I still want new ear phones or headphones though.

Which ear phones or headphones do you all recommend?

Here is what I will be using them for:

Movies
Music
Gaming
YouTube videos

I am willing to spend $350 to $550 I just can't decide if I want the noise isolation in ear phones give me ? I still like normal headphones but hate that they leak sound plus you need a semi quiet environment to use them. :frowning2:

Is there any in ear phones that give the same quality sound as over the head headphones ?

What will you be playing them thru?Amp/unamped?Types of music you like?

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 18
Closed cans offer a good deal of isolation....Open backed bleed alot.

I like a lot of different genres of music,mainly classic rock,metal,dark trance,reggae,folk,acoustic 

I love the KEF500s...they re closed back on ear and sound great unamped and go well with many types of music

Others here like the V-Moda 100s...too bass heavy for me,but thats just me perhaps.Ive read good things about the Philipps Fidelio L1/L2s but have never heard them.

Other phones I like alot but require more amping are

HD600
HD650
Mad Dogs

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 18
  Closed cans offer a good deal of isolation....Open backed bleed alot.

I like a lot of different genres of music,mainly classic rock,metal,dark trance,reggae,folk,acoustic 

I love the KEF500s...they re closed back on ear and sound great unamped and go well with many types of music

Others here like the V-Moda 100s...too bass heavy for me,but thats just me perhaps.Ive read good things about the Philipps Fidelio L1/L2s but have never heard them.

Other phones I like alot but require more amping are

HD600
HD650
Mad Dogs

What do you more require mom amping?

As in more powerful than I have ?

I was thinking of a HD650 but I hate how Sennheiser headphones clap on your head. I had the Sennheiser HD 280 pro I long time ago before any others and that was a huge problem. They finally broke in half by me stretching them out to much :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 18
Here I rewrote it.

What do you mean other phones require more amping?

As in more powerful than I have ?

I was thinking of a HD650 but I hate how Sennheiser headphones clap on your head. I had the Sennheiser HD 280 pro I long time ago before any others and that was a huge problem. They finally broke in half by me stretching them out to much :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 18
I dont know what kind of amp you have,you only said "small,little portable amp" which doesnt tell me much.
I can say that the only portable amp ive heard thus far that can properly drive the HD650s is the HiFi M8...thats not to say there arent others,but for example the Sony PHA-1 cannot properly drive the 650s...the 600s sound okay thru the Sony,but not the 650s....

Same can be said for the Mad Dogs...not an easy headphone to drive,which brings me back to the KEF500s...very easy to drive straight into a phone jack,and with an amp,even better.

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 18
Sep 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 18
Sep 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #15 of 18
So in everyone's opinion what is the best headphones out there for me? Nonclosed cans and  Closed cans please. What is the HD650 ?

P.S. I wish you could edit post I must be blind.

Actually I legally am :frowning2: Thank god for my good ears! So I can enjoy headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back