Headphone Recommendations?
Mar 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SurdifiableOne

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a nice pair of headphones. To be more specific, on-ear or over-ear headphones. I listen to a lot of bass-heavy songs like rap, dubstep, techno, and on occasions I listen to some more instrumental music like Marvin Gaye, metal and rock. I want something that is bass-heavy when it needs to be, but does well when it comes to more acoustic or instrumental music like rock or metal, vocals must be clear as well, so I'm looking for something with boomy bass when it needs to be and with good quality on the vocals so that the bass does not overpower the vocals. Soundstage isn't much of a big deal for me since I had the Soul SL300 and I've seen people mention how bad the soundstage on that was and I found no problem with it. I also want it to be stylish and good looking, attracts attention for my friends in school and stuff, especially if I put it on my neck when I'm not listening to music. It's not my main focus but I'd really prefer if it was stylish. Now, comfort is my BIGGEST concern, it must be very comfortable to wear with at least decent padding on the headband and very comfortable earpads. I also want one that's decent in durability. My budget would be a maximum of $200, I can't go any higher than that. Thanks in advanced, guys. c:

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 5
What is your source, and are you using any type of amp? I am assuming not, but just checking.

Audio Technica ATHESW9A

Custom One Pro

Audio Technica m50s

Probably the CoP is what I would suggest to you if you are taking it around a lot. It would fit most of your music very well, looks pretty good (imo) and has a detachable cord. You can also buy custom pieces to make them your own. 

cheers

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I'm looking for a nice pair of headphones. To be more specific, on-ear or over-ear headphones. I listen to a lot of bass-heavy songs like rap, dubstep, techno, and on occasions I listen to some more instrumental music like Marvin Gaye, metal and rock. I want something that is bass-heavy when it needs to be, but does well when it comes to more acoustic or instrumental music like rock or metal, vocals must be clear as well, so I'm looking for something with boomy bass when it needs to be and with good quality on the vocals so that the bass does not overpower the vocals. Soundstage isn't much of a big deal for me since I had the Soul SL300 and I've seen people mention how bad the soundstage on that was and I found no problem with it. I also want it to be stylish and good looking, attracts attention for my friends in school and stuff, especially if I put it on my neck when I'm not listening to music. It's not my main focus but I'd really prefer if it was stylish. Now, comfort is my BIGGEST concern, it must be very comfortable to wear with at least decent padding on the headband and very comfortable earpads. I also want one that's decent in durability. My budget would be a maximum of $200, I can't go any higher than that. Thanks in advanced, guys. c:

Heya,

Beyer Custom One Pro
Sony XB600

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back