Headphone Recommendations (Guitar Related)
Dec 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Wasper

New Head-Fier
I posted this on a guitar forum I belong to, but figured I would ask here, since this forum is more geared towards headphone.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I was wondering if you could steer me in the right direction in deciding on a pair of headphones (This would be for practicing with my electric guitar, a  PRS SE).

Here is the long and short of it.
I find that most days the only time I have to practice is after the kids have gone to bed and I would like a pair of decent headphones to use. I currently have a Fender Mustang II v2 and I'm also looking into getting a Vox amplug to practice on the go. So, I'm looking for a pair of phones to plug directly into the headphone jack on the Mustang II or the headphone jack of the Vox amplug.

Not sure what I should be looking for, but I do have some features I would like it to have.

1) Over the ear.
2) One wire type (no Y-wires).
3) Removable/replaceable wire (so I can have a long one for the Fender and a short one for the Vox).
4) 3.5mm plug
4) Durable construction (would prefer metal bands over plastic).
5) $100 or under.

Now, I've been looking at the AKG k240 / AKG K 240 MKII headphones and they look like they would fit the bill. But, these are semi-open cans and I was wondering if closed cans would be better for my application?

Thoughts, suggestions and recommendations appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back