Headphone recommendations for music (below $1500 ish)
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

subsonik

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

Due to covid and being locked up inside all day, I've gotten back into really listening to, and *experiencing* music again. I'm looking for a set of end-game cans that will allow me to enjoy music to the max.

I enjoy moving around the house with my headphones on, so I'm looking for a pair that can be driven quite easily, I have a Dragonfly Carbon that seems to be driving my DT 1770s quite well, but the 1770s are quite uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, my ears get warm, which really takes away from the immersion. I also have an iFi xDSD, but I'm not a huge fan of having to charge it all the time (and it can't be charged while plugged into my phone via USB).

I listen to mostly electronic music, house, trance, indie, classical, pop, dance.

I recently got into equalising my headphones, which really kicked my 1770s up a notch, and plan to do the same with the new pair.

So, could someone recommend me some headphones that match my criteria? Easy to drive, comfortable to wear for long periods. I also like wide soundstages, detail, but also a little fun for electronic genres. I'm willing to pay more for headphones that will really give me the best music listening experience.

Thanks! ☺️

Edit: I've been looking at reviews for the HD800S and Hifiman Arya, both sounded interesting but both are apparently quite hard to drive. 😔

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Look in to the Denon AH-D7200 and 9200

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Kennerton Gjallarhorn and Gjallarhorn JM fit your description of wants perfectly. They fit your music types perfectly too imo. Look them up....very highly reviewed and Kennerton is the absolute best with customer service.

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Hd800S of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back