Headphone recommendations for CMoy and Maxi Moy
Nov 9, 2004 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sant430

500+ Head-Fier
I've been doing some research regarding which headphones go well with these amps, but I need some more help.

I thought of purchasing the a900's, but it doesn't seem to really need an amp, judging by the threads and also what other people have told me.

I'm going to be using these amps with primarily Sharp Auvi minidisc units and I've already got some HD580s.

What would you recommend for both closed and open headphones with my setup?? My budget would be about $200 give or take $50.

Nov 9, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 2
For open headphones, you'll probably get some recommendations for Grados (SR80, SR225), which pair well with amps like the CMoy, CHA-47, etc. Or Alessandros (MS-1's) which have been said to sound like a more neutral Grado SR125.

The Maxi-Moy should be a good choice-- I have the Super Mini Moy and love it with my Beyer DT770 (80 ohm versions). Good soundstage for a closed headphone, plenty o' bass, good mids (although not what I would call "rich", more like neutral or dry), and good high end so it doesn't get smothered in the bass. I picked them up at Guitar Center. They go for $199, but you should be able to talk them down to around $150-160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back