Headphone Recommendations (Details in post)
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MisterZed

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

So I've recently been looking for some Sennheiser HD6xx's to buy, but I can't seem to find any at the moment. I figured in this downtime, I could broaden my horizons of headphones! Could anybody recommend me any open back over the ear headphones around the $200 to $250 price range? I have a Magni 3+ amp but no DAC, if that's important to know. I am of course willing to buy a dac if necessary, budget allowing! Thanks!

edit: Please do let me know if I'm missing any crucial details here

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 8
I love the Philips Fidelio X2HR/27 in that price point. I use mine everyday at work with a Modius and THX AAA 789. Fun sound without sounding imbalanced. Well made and light on the head so you don't get listening fatigue. My biggest gripe is the pads are not easily replaced. You can find them new for under $200.

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 8
I love the Philips Fidelio X2HR/27 in that price point. I use mine everyday at work with a Modius and THX AAA 789. Fun sound without sounding imbalanced. Well made and light on the head so you don't get listening fatigue. My biggest gripe is the pads are not easily replaced. You can find them new for under $200.
Wow! Looking into these things, they honestly do look great, and according to some comparisons I've found online, have a sound profile more oriented to my more bass-heavy preference of music. Thanks!

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 8
Alternate to the X2HR - Meze 99 Neo. You can get them in that price range used.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey all,

So I've recently been looking for some Sennheiser HD6xx's to buy, but I can't seem to find any at the moment. I figured in this downtime, I could broaden my horizons of headphones! Could anybody recommend me any open back over the ear headphones around the $200 to $250 price range? I have a Magni 3+ amp but no DAC, if that's important to know. I am of course willing to buy a dac if necessary, budget allowing! Thanks!

edit: Please do let me know if I'm missing any crucial details here
Takstar HF 580 planar headphones, with Sendyaudio AVIA ear pads.
https://www.amazon.com/TAKSTAR-Hi-F...tein-Leather/dp/B08CKJM4FN/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
https://shop.musicteck.com/products...one-replaceable-earpad?variant=19910738509886

Users who are viewing this thread

Back