Headphone recommendation?
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alidark3000

New Head-Fier
I’d like a headphone recommendation for the zen dac. I have the beyerdynamics dt770 pro 250o and am happy with the level from the amp, but an now noticing the u shape of the sound more.

While I’m enjoying the soundstage, Highs are starting to get raspy and I prefer a flatter warmer sound.

So flat/warm with nice soundstage? Preferably around the price of beyerdynamics, not ready to go stratospheric yet due to budget. I’ll probably be selling these to buy those.

Cheers!

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Takstar HF 580 planar headphones, with Sendyaudio AVIA ear pads.

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 7
If it's just the treble that's too much, put a single ply of toilet paper in the ear cup to take the peaks down a few decibels.if you like the sound, pop the pads and foam and put it over the driver. I do that on most Beyerdynamics. The DT880 250 is not warm but is more balanced. The HD6XX is warmer but too boring for me.
The DT880 250ohm black edition is my favorite. Currently have the standard but shopping for the black.

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 7
If it's just the treble that's too much, put a single ply of toilet paper in the ear cup to take the peaks down a few decibels.if you like the sound, pop the pads and foam and put it over the driver. I do that on most Beyerdynamics. The DT880 250 is not warm but is more balanced. The HD6XX is warmer but too boring for me.
The DT880 250ohm black edition is my favorite. Currently have the standard but shopping for the black.
You know I just did exactly this (two layers of paper towel just inside the ear cups tucked under the cushions) and it works like magic. I'm wondering if the dynamic range is the same as before, but the sound is really improved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back