Headphone recommendation
May 5, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #76 of 118
Im curently using voicemeeter banana
Do you know anything about it? Should I disable it?
I use it for streaming and other things while playing but don't know effect it has on quality
Hopefully I have easier time keeping new speakers as default
Yes disable it.

May 6, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #78 of 118
is there anything that i can use to replace it or functions the same? haveing the multiple audio cables on PC is really nice
If you are using the lyr 3 as output why do you need it? what were you using the program for?

May 6, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #79 of 118
I'm using it so I have 2 outputs but 5 separate inputs that I can divide up when streaming / gaming
Allows me to do stuff like playing music without recording it (copyright YouTube/twitch crap) or to allow me to mute separate parts

May 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #80 of 118
Ok so you are only using it while recording streaming and gaming not for music. Just disable it when doing anything with music or not needing it as it might affect sound quality. When you say output you are referring to simulated outputs not physical outputs and inputs. A mic input would be a physical input and headphones would be physical output. Twitch and youtube are simulated outputs.

May 6, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #82 of 118
well the aeon flow closed and the lyr 3 with Tung-Sol 6SN tube have both been ordered hope to get them by end of week :) ill let ya know how it all sounds
Congrats.

May 6, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #83 of 118
well the aeon flow closed and the lyr 3 with Tung-Sol 6SN tube have both been ordered hope to get them by end of week :) ill let ya know how it all sounds

Awesome! You stepped into an extremely nice setup right off the bat. Most of us have to upgrade to it. :relaxed:

Be aware that both the Aeon's and the Lyr will need playing time to break in before they sound their best. By all means enjoy them as soon as you get 'em hooked up, but they'll improve quite a bit over the first 100 hours of use.

May 6, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #84 of 118
Which dac option did you get?

May 6, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #86 of 118
I got the multi bit dac built into the lyr (website said it was better one)
Yep. It sounds great. Love mine. You should love the combo.

May 6, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #88 of 118
Jriver is a great media player. You can download a free trial of it. https://www.jriver.com/

For streaming i use tidal hifi wjich is loseless but spotify has some features i like also even though its premium is only 320kbps.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #90 of 118
I use Qobuz HiFi, I stepped up some time ago and I'm happy with it.
IMO the soundstage is a bit clearer and it sounds also more detailled. It depends on the music.
You could start a free trial and do a comparison between Spotify, and Qobuz, if you hear no difference, you can be happy because you only pay the half of Qobuz per month.

I don't like Tidal, the recomendation is not good organised and I also don't find my music very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back