Headphone recommendation
May 13, 2017 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sQum

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys I'm a twitch streamer and I own a Behringer X1204USB with a Audio Technica AT2035 Microphone and I'm looking for a new pair of headphones to Game/Live streaming with.

I have read the madlusty Headphone Gaming Guide but I'm still in a dilemma which headphone I should choose.

I currently have my mind set to the Sennheiser HD598, HD599, HD600 (not sure if i have enough power) AKG K701/702 or the audio technica ATH-AD700X.

All of the headphones I picked are a open back designs, Because I want headphones that have a phenomenal sound stage for positional audio. which headphones in this list do you recommend ?

May 13, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't think you want the HD600 (I own it and it is terrific). Its soundstage is more intimate than most of the others on your list. Not ideal for gaming, good for music. I like the HD598 and 599 a lot for your purposes. The AKG's are also good, but I prefer the stage on the Senns, personally. I also own the HD598 and it is terrific with its huge stage. I personally feel the AD700X is a bit of a step down overall in sound quality, but not by a lot.

May 14, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Have a look into the German Maestro GMP 400, it is a very neutral sounding headphone with a wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back