headphone recommendation, not in ear.
May 4, 2009 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

futures86

New Head-Fier
hi guys, new the forum, have recently started listening to music at work, this means i have headphones on during my commute, during my day, at the gym and no the way back.

sources include my mobile phone, and computer.

however i tried on some shure in ear headphones and found that my ears are just too small. the canal is to shallow and narrow, so now have to stick to the tradition ear bud headphones or on ear headphones.

what would you guys recommend? im left clueless, as i done my research on the in ear phones, only to realise i cant.. so am lost, im tempted to get some bose but heard they are very over rated.

thanks in advance

May 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhaninugraha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what kinds of music do you mostly listen to?

bit of everything really, though prodominantly rnb and house (elektro and funky)

May 4, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 11
You can try canalphones like Sennheisers, they might be easier to insert for you. How much do you want to spend on it? Maybe you have full-size headphones at home, and can tell us if you like the sounds of it?

May 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3SET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try canalphones like Sennheisers, they might be easier to insert for you. How much do you want to spend on it? Maybe you have full-size headphones at home, and can tell us if you like the sounds of it?

i dont have any headphones at home, purely for commute/work/gym.. want to spend under 100£

i think my ears are too small for anything but the on ear ones or ear bud types.

May 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 11
I would say Denon D1001s would be a great choice for you. Great headphones for the price. (Under $100)

May 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 11
I think the Yuin PK and OK lines are the best way to go if you an earbud type headphone. The D1001 is nice but I don't think it will work well in gym getting all that sweat on the leather like ear pads on a closed headphone.

May 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 11
PK series, you could get PK2 for that. PK1 would be ideal, but only really shine with an amp.

May 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 11
thanks guys, any uk stockists of yuin headphones, also any recommendations along the same line as the bose on ear style ? like the denons but less chunky, comfort is a huge factor, and the bose were very very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back