Headphone Recommendation(gaming,music)
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sasiniri431

New Head-Fier
I was recently a headset user, but who found the path of choosing mic+headphone. I mostly use headphone gears for listening music mostly and games. I'm not sure if I would like heavy-bass, but I want sound quality to be great and clear. I also want a comfortable wear and nice design.

There were three options I found:

1) Sennheiser 598
2) AKG Q701
3) Audio-technica ad700
4)Beyerdynamic dt880 pro 250 ohms

I am considering to take one of those 3, but I'm always welcomed to hear other gears too.

I want to hear what is good and what is bad on each gears and what could be the best solution for my pairing with soundcard.

Thank you in advance.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello,

Welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet! xD

The AD-700 will be would be perfect for gaming but for certain track, they are lacking in bass. The HD598 will be better if you listen to all genre of music. Do note that all the 4 headphones above are all open headphone and leak sound; not suitable for outdoor use. the HD598 offer great imaging and decent soundstage. Warm and forward mids is what I find the HD598 to be done well. 

The Q701 and DT880 will benefit with an amp to sound it's best. Both will benefit with warmer sounding amp or at least, EQ then to sound warmer IMO xD 

My take would be, if you are willing to purchase an external amp, go for the Q701/DT880 or K712. HD598 for anti-amping 

Hope it helps
Billson

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello, I purchased Asus Xonar Essence Stx Soundcard

Does this count as one of the external amp you talked about? 

If I had to buy Q701 or DT880 which one would you suggest?

I listen to all genre and I play games most. 

Thanks ahead

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Hello, I purchased Asus Xonar Essence Stx Soundcard

Does this count as one of the external amp you talked about? 

If I had to buy Q701 or DT880 which one would you suggest?

I listen to all genre and I play games most. 

Thanks ahead

The soundcard you have now should be a ble to drive both the Q701 and DT880(250Ohm). If I were you, I'll go for the DT880

Hope it helps
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back