Headphone recommendation for electronica/synthpop, $200-300 price range
Dec 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #16 of 19
anyway..

I really like both my Denon's and my Audio-Technicas for this type of music.

Another vote for the AH-D2000's

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you got your genre wrong. What you listen to is simply pop/dance music, this is not electronica nor synthpop
ph34r.gif

Synthpop is: The Knife, Ladytron, Softcell, La Roux, etc.
Electronica is to wide to be defined but non of your preferred artist fit in this generic genre.

Possibly if you edit the title of this post you could get more recommendations of people that are into your music.

I agree but some of those artists have synthpop influences. The Knife's Silent Shout is also hardly your typical sythpop.

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #18 of 19
Yeah I agree its not pure synthpop but I do feel some of those artists have synthpop influences.

... you wouldn't consider DJ Caffeine electronica?

The reviews I've read on the Denon's sound like the exact thing I'm desiring. Glad I asked here because I hadn't even heard of this brand until this post. Probably gonna buy a headphone amp too.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice for the different headphones
L3000.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #19 of 19
This goes beyond their headphones, my friend is a DJ/Producer and for the longest time he loved maudio but hated that they always break. Headphones, midi, speakers etc. His friends were much the same and I'd always see maudio stuff lying around broken. Hes now a huge fan of Audio Tech/Sennheiser and Ultrasone.

For me personally those 3 companies are good but after owning the Denon 2000's I want no other headphones. The only complaint I have with them is their cable which I foresee shortly getting recabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back