Headphone reccomendation
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Tobu99

New Head-Fier
Okay people i give up with the beats! So im buying some headphones and this will be a huge upgrade for me,because before i had only ibuds. im 14yrs old and i love sw@g so i would appreciate some stylish and cool headphones. I listen mostly to rap/hiphop,house,r&b,dubstep and rarely pop so i want loads of bass. I will use my headphones mostly hanging out in public places(mall and the ither places)pumping up before games, going to school(train.buss), in class and at home. I also like to break stuff so i want durable headphones.

Ps: does somebosy have any info about the AKG tiesto

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:
Okay people i give up with the beats! So im buying some headphones and this will be a huge upgrade for me,because before i had only ibuds. im 14yrs old and i love sw@g so i would appreciate some stylish and cool headphones. I listen mostly to rap/hiphop,house,r&b,dubstep and rarely pop so i want loads of bass. I will use my headphones mostly hanging out in public places(mall and the ither places)pumping up before games, going to school(train.buss), in class and at home. I also like to break stuff so i want durable headphones.
Ps: does somebosy have any info about the AKG tiesto

Audio Technica ATH-M50.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 16
Whats your budget? I would recommend an ultrasone, the pro 900 is a 550 dollar headphone but it costs 350 on amazon which is a great deal and they are far better and bassier than the beats from what i've heard on head-fi, but it requires an amp to sound good. If you want a good bassy headphone which doesn't require an amp you should consider the ultrasone hfi-780 or the audio technica ath-m50, both sell for around 150 at amazon. Before you buy a new headphone, let me advise you that although I never heard ultrasone headphones, they have a reputation of being very bright and forward sounding headphones so if you prefer a calmer and laid back headphone, these are not for you. Hope this helps. The ath-m50 is not as bright as the ultrasones just so you dont be confused into  thinking they are bright, I own them and they are great.

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 16
You're going to have a hard time finding something quite as boomy as the Beats.

The Audio Technica ATH-M50 trades some boom boom for finesse, a lower price, and durability.

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
You're going to have a hard time finding something quite as boomy as the Beats.

The Audio Technica ATH-M50 trades some boom boom for finesse, a lower price, and durability.

I never heard ultrasones but from all I've read they seem pretty boomy, Im considering getting the pro 900

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
I never heard ultrasones but from all I've read they seem pretty boomy, Im considering getting the pro 900

I wouldn't describe them as boomy
Bass is strong but not bloated, it doesn't overpower the other freqs. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #11 of 16
The M50 is great, but it does not have enough bass to satisfy a person listening to mostly hip hop.
Most people like the op always come away disappointed after buying the M50.

I tried a buddy of mine's M50 for a weekend and I used it with my FiiO E11 and the bass was lacking when listening to hip hop.
It's why I never bought the M50. 

The only thing that got the bling (or in his word, "the swag") and the bass the op want is the crossfade lp2

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #12 of 16
the bass may be lacking but I love the SQ. I can listen to it in high volumes and the highs sound smooth, the only problems I have with it is that I find the mids somewhat recessed. I know what you mean by it not having enough bass for hip hop though

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 16
The M50 is great, but it does not have enough bass to satisfy a person listening to mostly hip hop.
Most people like the op always come away disappointed after buying the M50.

I tried a buddy of mine's M50 for a weekend and I used it with my FiiO E11 and the bass was lacking when listening to hip hop.
It's why I never bought the M50. 

The only thing that got the bling (or in his word, "the swag") and the bass the op want is the crossfade lp2

What do you think about sol repiblic

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 16
The crossfade LP are pretty good looking and have huge quantities of bass, though they may not be the most refined headphone. The Nero color is selling for about $100 on amazon right now.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
The crossfade LP are pretty good looking and have huge quantities of bass, though they may not be the most refined headphone. The Nero color is selling for about $100 on amazon right now.

Crossfade certainly gets points for style which the OP is looking for. Bass has a nice, fairly tight kick. The durability of the headphones is a huge plus as well. Isolation is quite good. I'd second this recommendation so long as your head isn't on the big side. 

Just a warning: If you have a large noggin, the Crossfade is not the most accommodating headphone. It only expands so far, which can lead to significant discomfort.

EDIT: See a lot of recommendations for the M50. Seeing as OP is looking for a bass kick, I would recommend staying away from them. Not that the headphones don't have bass, but it's definitely not the exaggerated amount I think you'd enjoy OP. Good headphones, but a bit heavy to be taking everywhere for you and the pleather gets really hot under the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back