Headphone recabling in the UK
Jun 16, 2014 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WraithApe

Headphoneus Supremus
I did a search and there have been half a dozen threads started on this topic over the past 5 years or so (usually relating to a specific model of headphone), but not one of them has got a straight answer. It hasn't been asked for quite some time now though, so I'm gonna try again
wink_face.gif

Simple question - does anyone know of any headphone re-cabling services based in the UK?

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 7
I suggest you to post your question in the following threads, hopefully there's a Brit willing to help for a reasonable amount

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/119314/post-your-grado-mods

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 7
Hi. Thanks for the tip - I may re-post the question there at some point; discovered Toxic Cables after I posted, so looking at the possibility of getting re-cabling done there.

EDIT: Toxic was a complete waste of time - one brusque three-word response by email and no follow up. Clearly not a company in need of business... compared to the level of customer service shown by Norne Audio in the US, it's night and day.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 7
I've been looking for eaxctly the same :)

So far the closest place I've found is Forza Audio in Poland - absolutely nothing in the UK - and I just dont know if I'm happy posting my kit half way across europe.

I'm seriously considering just buying some decent OCC cable and having a go myself - just a bit worried about totalling a perfectly good pair D2000s :/

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, I'm not brave enough to try that! I'm getting the cable made to spec, with tinned ends, by Norne and then getting a mate to do the soldering - luckily I know someone with considerable modding experience and he reckons he can do the job no problem. You don't know anyone yourself? As @squallkiercosa suggested above, maybe post to the DIY thread, see if anyone is willing to help you out for a fee?

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Any update to this thread? Anyone on the UK yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back