Headphone Query of a Noob
Oct 8, 2007 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Udit

New Head-Fier
Hi i'm new to this forum & this is my first post here

I'm Udit from Kolkata, India

I have a query

my aunt is coming over from USA so i thought i might upgrade my headphone

currently I have a Sennheiser HD485 with the Stock Cable & a Auzentech X-Plosion 24bit 7.1 Sound Card as the Source

I need the headphone for Movies, Hip Hop Music & Pop Music & I have a $200-300 budget for the Headphone & Cable

so which ones should i buy which won't need a amp, be a big improvement over the Sennheiser HD485 & be very comfortable

I do not want headphones made by Alessandro or Grado as they are very uncomfortable

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi, welcome to Head-Fi.

Don't worry about the cable for now, just use the stock cable.

The Sennheiser HD595 is an option. It does OK without an amp. You can also try the Audio-Technica A900. It is a closed headphone and will provide some isolation and not leak much sound.

There's an Audio-Technica A950LTD in the FS forum that is just within your budget.

Oct 8, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, welcome to Head-Fi.

Don't worry about the cable for now, just use the stock cable.

The Sennheiser HD595 is an option. It does OK without an amp. You can also try the Audio-Technica A900. It is a closed headphone and will provide some isolation and not leak much sound.

There's an Audio-Technica A950LTD in the FS forum that is just within your budget.

I was thinking about the A900 but closed headphones kinda makes me feel weird when kept on the ears with no music playing

so i guess my only choice is the HD595 in open types

will my Auzentech X-Plosion 24bit 7.1 Sound Card be enough for it?

and if i decide to get a amp too which one would be good within $100?

How is AKG K601 & Beyerdynamic DT 990 Open-Back Headphones 2005 Edition by the way?

Oct 8, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 6
Beyer DT990 should be good... try to search the review here

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 6
Udit, I would suggest HD595, which I'm using for movies. HD595 is more versatile and comfortable. It doesn't require amp. No need to spend anything on cable right now. Price is also very well within your budget.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 6
HD595. It's versatile, sounds good for movies, is very comfortable and doesn't need a powerful source to sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back